Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2008 3:51:07 PM EDT

Suprised nobody posted this yet.  Even the ultra left Duluth News tribune had it in there...

* Big game may be taken with .22 caliber centerfire cartridges and larger.

Read about the new regs here.  click here

About time!  

Turk
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe it's been that way on the WI side for quite a while, but don't let quanity make up for quality... make em count.

Hunt safe and enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet!  Now I don't need a 6.8.
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe this is good news.  Although I hunt WI and have the option of using 22 cal. centerfire, I don't, but that is my choice.  Are deer wounded  and never recovered by 22 cal rounds, yes, but so are deer hit by 30-06 and .270's.  Please, with this new option, use sound judgement when choosing appropriate ammunition.  I may be preaching to the choir, but I feel it is our responsibility to hunt in a humane manner.  Please be good stewards to hunting and AR owners and pass on any knowledge to others on appropriate hunting ammunition.  I feel that a .223 is "enough" gun when matched with appropriate ammuntion, it is just not my choice.
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 7:41:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I believe this is good news.  Although I hunt WI and have the option of using 22 cal. centerfire, I don't, but that is my choice.  Are deer wounded  and never recovered by 22 cal rounds, yes, but so are deer hit by 30-06 and .270's.  Please, with this new option, use sound judgement when choosing appropriate ammunition.  I may be preaching to the choir, but I feel it is our responsibility to hunt in a humane manner.  Please be good stewards to hunting and AR owners and pass on any knowledge to others on appropriate hunting ammunition.  I feel that a .223 is "enough" gun when matched with appropriate ammuntion, it is just not my choice.

Well spoken!
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 5:23:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 6:25:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Maybe I'll just use an AK-47 instead.    I'm not sure...  

Actually 7.62x39 is a decent round for hunting whitetail.  It is balistically about the same as the venerable 30-30 round that's probably killed the 2nd most deer in this state (behind the 30-06).  

I plan on using my SKS for stomping brush this year.  It's the perfect rifle for taking shots inside of 100 yards.  

Link Posted: 5/28/2008 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Head shots with 64 grain Winchester Power Points!

Link Posted: 5/28/2008 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Kudos, my friend!!  I feel the same.  Besides, deer hunting is why I built my 6.8 in the first place...  110 Serria soft points @ 2900+fps!!!  Bambi's dad is now officially worried!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:27:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Is this just up North?
It says nothing about what zones change.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Bump because no one ever looks past the first page

There is a page 2?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#12]
The rifle regs would only apply to the rifle zones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top