Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2007 5:23:47 PM EDT
wanted to selling a gun to a co-worker for deer huntin' what was the web site that you could look up if MN people were felons.. posted a few months ago. my dog kicked a hole in my last computer and burned the hard driver up and i lost the sites address.

thanks you

miah
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 2:59:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Make your coworker get a purchase permit from his local PD if you're concerned about it.  It's free, and takes only a week.  

The web sites generally seemed to have missing data.  

One such website I remember is:

http://www.mncriminals.com/
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 5:23:09 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the HG purchase permit......that way the burden of proof isn't on your head.

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Or transfer it through a dealer, and make the buyer pay the transfer fee. No waiting involved there, and then you're off the hook if the gun shows up used in a crime.

To my understanding, if you do a FTF, and the gun is used in a crime within the next year, you can be investigated or something like that. I could be mistaken -- but, if you're worried, go through a dealer so the 4473 is completed and then legally you're in the clear.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 2:46:01 AM EDT
[#4]
That's true, for a long gun non-"assault weapon" no permit to acquire/permit to carry is required, so a dealer transfer would only take as long as a NICS check.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#5]
We got some bonus money in at work and my co-worker wanted to buy one of my handguns.

Not that I am worried, but, I did want him to get a P2P in case things got ugly. $300 later and he now has my old BHP. And I have a reciept, too... if ever I need it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top