Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2007 9:04:37 AM EDT
does anyone here have or know of a good local gunsmith....i have a kimmel AP9 9mm that will not eject the round....i have tried all different types of ammo and no luck....

thanks [email protected]
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Whats it doing exactly?  
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#3]
i picked it up in a trade....i have had it to the range several times with all different ammo..i fired it sunday.I put one round in the tube and fire and the round would not eject sometimes it would partially eject but get crushed.....sounds like this one is gonna be a cool paperweight....

ramblin
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#4]
One of your better options is Sir Randall.......call before heading over.........

Territorial Gunsmithing 733 6th Ave South Hopkins, MN 952-931-9451 Randy Hengl [email protected]
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#5]
This pic would be better with a life jacket on!

Quoted:
It's a Tec-9 / Kimel AP-9!  Ghetto Fabulous!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/bannie/ARFCOMshoot3/68.jpg

Honestly, feeding & extracting problems are EXTREMELY COMMON in the Tec / AP 9mm series guns!!!  I've *NEVER* seen one that has been able to go 100% through a full magazine without SOME kind of jams...

Could be the extractor, could be the ejector, it could be a LOT of things...  Need more info.  Does the fired casing stay in the chamber?  Does it extract, but not eject, and get crimped/stovepiped in the action?  Etc...  Is the action cycling completely (bolt going all the way back)???

In reality, I think you'd maybe be hard pressed to find *ANY* good gunsmiths that would be willing to work on your AP-9, and you also have to ask yourself - for a ~$250 gun, is it worth it?
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Your best bet would be to trade it for a firearm that works.

There's a good chance Sir Randall may pistol whip you with it if you bring it into his shop.  

FWIW, those things need a lot of lube and, IMO, are chock full of problems even when they are running right.  I had one at one time and it was a challenge to get through one magazine without a failure.  you may try the excessive lube route and if that doesn't work, you may consider heeding my initial advice.
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 11:26:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

There's a good chance Sir Randall may pistol whip you with it if you bring it into his shop.  

M, that is exactly why I said call first to avoid any embarassment.......
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 4:35:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been thinking.  what about SBRing it?  a buttstock just may help it cycle better.  it has been my expereience that a good portion of FTE are from "limp wristing".   that is alot of pistol to hang off the end of your wirst, and fatigue sets in fast.

just a thought

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 5:11:46 AM EDT
[#9]
thanks guys for the info......

ramblin
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 5:32:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Must...  resist.....

I just can't help but want a ghetto fabulous 9mm....

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 7:09:37 AM EDT
[#12]
C'mon guys!  Let the ganstas have those guns.  That way when they pull them on you, you will have plenty of time to get your drawstroke perfect while they f*ck with the bolt trying to clear a doublefeed...
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:26:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Your best bet would be to trade it for a firearm that works.

Not the most sugar coated response, but. the most honest...

I have a PM-11 I got a while ago and it took 2x the original cost (from the now defunct FAC) to get it to feed 100%. It also required a fair amount of polishing of the MIM parts...

Folks in the gun industry call that an "educational experience".

It could be a whole host of problems you are trying to correct... the question is, how much time and money are you willing to part with to fix the problems?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:35:49 AM EDT
[#14]
This is the first time I've ever heard of a FTF with a Tec-9. They were always 100% on Miami Vice - and never ever ran out of ammo.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:48:34 AM EDT
[#15]
You can't polish a turd.  And, as Norseman1 is implying, if you can get that turd polished, you will end up with one expensive polished turd.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#16]
im gonna turn it into a single shot paperweight......
thanks for the replys guys.....

ramblin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top