Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2007 5:29:56 AM EDT
The season opens this Saturday and I'm going this year for the first time.  Is a plug required in the shotgun to limit to 3 rounds?  The hunting manual never mentions a limiter except for ducks that I can see.  I don't want to get gigged on a technical violation, but I don't want to add a plug if I don't have to.

I went to get my license last night and Gander Mountain said I needed to call the DNR to get my driver's license registered with them.  WTF?  They didn't really know too much about it, other than it was because I haven't had any type of hunting license recently and my DL was the new style.  I'll be calling the DNR shortly but I was curious if anyone else had heard of such a thing.  I thought it was pretty odd.

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:42:40 AM EDT
[#1]
No plug is needed for phesant hunting.

Dont know about the D.L. issue.
Good hunting!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:57:22 AM EDT
[#2]
No plug is needed for pheasant hunting.  They aren't migratory.

I always leave the plug in my shotgun, though, whenever the duck/goose season overlaps the pheasant season because they both inhabit the same territory, lowlands.  If you don't duck hunt, & can convince a warden that you aren't duck hunting, then you're home free without a plug.

Also, remember that you have to use steel shot on federal land.  It's the same thing with that.  I always use steel whenever the pheasant season & duck/goose season overlap regardless of where I'm hunting.

I've never heard of the license registration thing, but it doesn't make sense to me.  It would seem like the DNR & MNDOT would both have access to each others db.

Good luck tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info, looks like I will be getting a plug and steel shot just to be safe.  Got the licensing straightened out with the DNR. I was still on file with them with my old DL number, I last had a license about 5 or 6 years ago.  Even when applying over the internet I had to call their customer service number and have them update their database before it would let me get a license.  Basically 'they' (I think it was an outsoruced vendor) have a crappy database.  Took about 10 minutes to clear up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top