Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2007 8:40:04 PM EDT
now its raining like a motherf#$%! and the lightning has my dog practically shitting himself.

worked 8-630 saturday, 8-530 sunday, 8-730 today / monday... good thing i bought a new climbing chainsaw today, 3) 24" chains for my big saw, and ordered 3 sets of teeth for my stump grinder.

i think lightning has hit twice in my neighboorhood. ive gotten about 30 calls today from eagan, trees down ETC.

fuck.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:00:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Already worked four 12hr shifts in a row, 1 eight hr shift down, 2 more eight hr shifts to go then three more 12's until I get four off.... I hope
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:06:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Already worked four 12hr shifts in a row, 1 eight hr shift down, 2 more eight hr shifts to go then three more 12's until I get four off.... I hope

what do you do?

im about to go nuts with customers ive already done bids for calling and calling... hey, youre not the only people i have to work for! or other people canceling work ive already got schedualed in.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:34:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Capitalism is where it is at, eh?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:18:39 AM EDT
[#4]
F250- don't you own the business?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:02:31 PM EDT
[#5]
When it's time to make hay,...make hay.. lI'm slow, let me know where you're at and I'll stop in and drink beer while watching you guys work......
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Certain City's in the NE part of Anoka county are going to cave to the residents to clean up their  properties. Make the money when you can.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Certain City's in the NE part of Anoka county are going to cave to the residents to clean up their  properties. Make the money when you can.

im in dakota county / inver grove heights / eagan mostly. eagan axed the idea of cleaning things up for the residents. so im still making $$$

worked til 730 tonight. im beat.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
F250- don't you own the business?

correct. after paying for help and dump fees im taking home 1000-1300 a day. sounds exciting but... ive got ALOT of bills to pay so its almost like im holding onto the banks money
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
correct. after paying for help and dump fees im taking home 1000-1300 a day. sounds exciting but... ive got ALOT of bills to pay so its almost like im holding onto the banks money

Dumping fees?  For the wood?  Aren't there people who will take the wood for free?

Or use your downtime to split it and sell it for firewood.

plenty of "Available" wood already. id have to be a good salesman to get people to buy wood right now.  i do have a splitter, but, i dont have enough land to store it for a year while it dries. i make plenty of $ BUYING it already split then selling it for double what i paid for it, and the customer still gets it at a pretty good price.

plus the junk wood like willow, boxelder isnt worth much.

well, off to go do estimates for some of the 18 people who called yesterday, and 10-14 who called today

im tired.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top