Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2007 7:28:57 AM EDT
http://www.allbusiness.com/personal-finance/real-estate-mortgage-loans/512290-1.html

Service has been very bad lately, and now another owner...
Still cant make a call from at home, with a 3 bar signal, without my call being dropped.
As soon as my contract is up, I go to AT&T, or Verizon.
Link Posted: 6/10/2007 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#1]
i finally get service from nextel. VERY VERY VERY good service i might add....

its a IC502 "Hybrid" phone.... programmed to work on both Sprint and Nextel towers

id drop nextel if 90% of the people i hang out with didnt have nextel... saves me a ton of minutes using the walky-talky feature.

just something for you to consider when your contract is up. i couldnt even make a call in my house before i got the hybrid phone. i got really good coverage even on our trip to missouri. ( ill probably get slammed with roaming charges though )
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 5:18:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 6:07:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Of course, Mat has only HAD a cell phone for a month.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 6:24:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 6:30:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I had better cell coverage back in 1985 with my big black box from Cellular 2000

better coverage, larger brain tumors!

[ahnold]
"It's not a tooomuuuhhh!!"
[/ahnold]
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:15:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I have Verizon, and the coverage is good to great everywhere except at home, which is a pain in the ass, since I make a few calls from there.  

Wifey has T-Mobile, and we've been VERY happy with their service.  If she has coverage, it works, period.  I don't think she's had a dropped call in the last 2 years.  The coverage map keeps growing too.  It's to the point now where her coverage is better in some places than mine.  Verizon originally got my business because their coverage was complete.

And if you still pay roaming, you should shop for a new plan.  This day in age there is no reason to pay either roaming or LD charges.

Link Posted: 6/11/2007 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had darn good coverage with Sprint and their PCS/EV-DO network for work.

I have a Treo 700p and one of their S620 merlin cards.

I can be up at the cabin in pine city doing a webex for work with the wireless card.

I have one of those $19.95 external antennas mounted on the propane tank outside to act at a ground plate. 5 bars and full speed EV-DO upload/download speeds.

My biggest issues is that Goodlink (the enterprise com tool) sucks!!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 3:16:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i finally get service from nextel. VERY VERY VERY good service i might add....

its a IC502 "Hybrid" phone.... programmed to work on both Sprint and Nextel towers

id drop nextel if 90% of the people i hang out with didnt have nextel... saves me a ton of minutes using the walky-talky feature.

just something for you to consider when your contract is up. i couldnt even make a call in my house before i got the hybrid phone. i got really good coverage even on our trip to missouri. ( ill probably get slammed with roaming charges though )

I have a Boost Mobile pay as you go with the walkie talkie feature. My Nephew and his family in Florida bought it for me on Christmas a few years back, even came with a Fort Myers Florida phone number.Excellent for keeping in contact with them. It used the Nextel-Sprint towers. I rarely used it and lost all the money on the account after  a 3 month max off the last boost card. Now it is locked, really having trouble trying to get the account reopened.
I should have went with Nextel, and NOT renewed MidWest Wireless...
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#10]
drive into south east mn and you won't regret having midwest wireless.  it seems that it is all that works around here reliably.  you may get a couple of dropped calls from time to time, but with all the bluffs and hills it is to be expected.

nextel, t-mobile and some of the others just do not have the coverage yet.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
drive into south east mn and you won't regret having midwest wireless.  it seems that it is all that works around here reliably.  you may get a couple of dropped calls from time to time, but with all the bluffs and hills it is to be expected.

nextel, t-mobile and some of the others just do not have the coverage yet.

Hey J,
I am in South West Olmsted County.
Small world huh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top