Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2007 4:46:43 AM EDT
ill be up at my hunting land camping out, 4wheeling, shooting porcupines... i gotta get away for a bit, ive been working til 7-8 pm almost every night taking out trees and doing estimates... when you want work you dont get enough and when youre satisfied with work, you get way too much!

you all have a good weekend and enjoy the fun show!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:36:03 AM EDT
[#1]
How do you hunt porcipine?  Bait, or what?  Sound interesting, I'd like to know more!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:20:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How do you hunt porcipine?  Bait, or what?  Sound interesting, I'd like to know more!

If you see one you shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:48:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Tiling a bathroom.  
Yay.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Work day at the GRRC in Harris, probably preview that home for sale next to the range, then a party that night.  Open house at my new construction sunday, might have to do day 2 of GRRC work day in the AM.

BT's weekend sounds ALOT better!

Don't porcupines shed a ton of quills when they are shot?  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Don't porcupines shed a ton of quills when they are shot?  

Only if they land on your face falling out of the tree.

The quills are like hair, and they can be pulled out easily, but they don't just fall out in my experience. I've shot my share of sticklepigs, and never seen a quill fall off.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe they shed a lot of quills (and other things) when you hit them with 7 1/2 shot?  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#8]
10am meeting with Mcnielsen to finalize a mortgage application.

From noon to 4:00ish looking at houses.

Dinner at Olive Garden with my wife for our 1 year wedding anniversary.

Pie then sleep.

Sunday will involve pie and sleep.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Cruizing....none of the punks up in St. Cloud wanted to drag race for some reason lol.  0-60 in 4.5 seconds tends to put them in thier place.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Pie then sleep.

My wife and I celebrate 3 years this comming week.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be working on 3 motorcycles this weekend and maybe going shooting.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Cruizing....none of the punks up in St. Cloud wanted to drag race for some reason lol.  0-60 in 4.5 seconds tends to put them in thier place.

i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/Meat3rz/evofront.jpg

I want one!!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 4:23:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I saw you the other day in Monticello.

You drive like a crazy person.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is because I AM a crazy person....what was I doing anyways, the clover leafs at 60+ mph?
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:45:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is because I AM a crazy person....what was I doing anyways, the clover leafs at 60+ mph?

You were heading east on County Road 39 by the ORyans.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Hopefully gonna start reloading, just about got my area squared away.
Do a little 4 wheeling myself, and speaking of 4 wheeling

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pie then sleep.

Congrats, We celebrate 13 years. Married at 19(me), 18(her), and some how we made it this long....
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pie then sleep.

Damn crazy kids!  Congrats Cliff!

Congrats, We celebrate 13 years. Married at 19(me), 18(her), and some how we made it this long....
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#19]
well, the rain fucking DOUCHED me friday and saturday night. apparrently my tent isnt as rain proof as it use to be

saturday i moved a cord and a half of wood from where the loggers were cutting to our campsite. i must have done 10 hours of trail riding with the 4 wheeler, and also a bunch of hiking / walking.

hopefully the deer will move back into our land, since they clear cut it 2 years ago, now the brush is coming back up.

i only got to shoot one porcupine. when i ride around i always watch up in the trees. they stick out like a sore thumb if the lighting is right. smoked him with my SOCOM16 from about 60 yards, he fell 30 feet. ( i didnt kill him the bullets and the fall did )

i had to sight the rifle in that morning by pacing off 100 steps ( 100 yards ) and setting down a can of coca cola to shoot at. its not as easy to sight in a rifle at this method as it should be. but now its shooting awesome.

why the fuck are crows so hard to shoot up there? get within 300 yards of them and they fly away, but theyll sit in the fucking ditch while you drive past and cant ( legally ) shoot them. assholes.

the whole trip only used up @ 31.7 gallons of fuel, at @18.5 mpg roughly
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#20]
sounds like you had a might fine weekend
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#21]
i ranted a little bit, but for the most part i enjoyed it and really needed the weekend. with business and the house coming up next week i have alot ahead of me...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top