Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2006 1:56:13 PM EDT
Those that know me know I grew up for the first few years of my life in Europe, and my parents are VERY VERY Dutch.  Shooting there is not a popular sport like it is here.  I got hooked in my early teens because I had friends who were into hunting, but they had never shot a pistol before.  My mom had expressed a desire to learn how to shoot so I figured I'd take my parents to the range.

I did a classroom session with them before we headed out, reviewing safety and operating, then we went and shot.  I brought a .22 revolver and .22 semi to warm them up, and brought my .357 Ruger and Glock 17 for the regular power handguns to try afterwards.

It was a HUGE success!!  They had a blast, and both were able to keep all 4 pistols in a 6" area at 5 yards.  They both liked the .22 Buckmark and the .357 Ruger the best.

And I brought my decked out Rock River AR out too, loaded 20 rounds into it, and let them try that (what a good son I am )  They were surprised how little a rifle could kick.

Anyway, I think I have them hooked.  It's really fun to bring new shooters into the sport, even if they haven't shot for most of their lives.  

Also, my badger rings showed up for my long range boomstick, so here's the finished product:

Figured we could use a positive thread having two locked threads on the first page!!

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#1]
height=8
Quoted:
my parents are VERY VERY Dutch.

Did they always ask for separate checks when you went out to eat?  Or did they live in a windmill?  hat
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 3:40:28 PM EDT
[#2]
One convert at a time is great, but two is an outstanding deal!.  Now, you just have to get them to keep up the interest by teasing them with a trip to a few gun shops!  Now that you set hook, reel them in!  Get them NRA Memberships!
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice work!

Now all you need to do is get some paint on that rifle!
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 3:24:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Plus another thought would be you will get more gifts that are gun related!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top