Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 8:01:01 PM EDT
http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=122730

Figured this one would have been coming.  What a joke.  Am I the only one that still fails to understand why immigration laws need to be "reformed?"  They're basically protesting so that they're spoon-fed citizenship?

My favorite:
"We are just for a legal process so we can stop the flooding of the borders," says Ruthie Hendrycks with Minnesotans Seeking Immigration Reform.

Wait... handing out citizenship to anyone who so happens to want it will actually stop the flooding of the borders?  

I'm definitely missing something.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Goddammit.  Jakezor was logged into my PC for some reason.   Dumbass.

That post is mine, bitches!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:21:29 AM EDT
[#2]
the real Jakezor now,    is that why there were so many people out there?  We should have sent the INS over.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:16:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That post is mine, bitches!

Repeater = Pwn3d!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:16:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I had to work that "event" yesterday, the thing that really chapped my ass was watching these people wearing the American Flag as a cape or other article fo clothing.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:46:49 AM EDT
[#5]
On my walk into work (I live in downtown St Paul, could see the rally going on) I saw plenty of garbage around. (work in the capitol complex).  Nice to know what the immigrants think of this place.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:53:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
On my walk into work (I live in downtown St Paul, could see the rally going on) I saw plenty of garbage around. (work in the capitol complex).  Nice to know what the immigrants think of this place.

They want to make it just like their old home land....dirty and smelly

oh, and full of Mexicans
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I had to work that "event" yesterday, the thing that really chapped my ass was watching these people wearing the American Flag as a cape or other article fo clothing.hr

lol.. hippies have been doing that for decades....

What kills me, is when i am at the airport, Osama Bin-Laden look a-likes wearing.. I love the US t-shirts.  Sheesh.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You know....

I don't even know how to respond to that...  There are a ton of 'mexicans' that are doing the nasty job of picking up the trash around the city.

I have seen people of all races do the litter game...

You want to see something silly, go to a McDonalds and see people throw trash out(onto the ground) not in the trash can three feet away... And do you know who picks it up.. the mexican working there...

My point being... It's not only immigrants that trash this place... it's the 'locals' as well.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My point being... It's not only immigrants that trash this place... it's the 'locals' as well.

True, ture.  The only thing is, if you are going to have a "Protest" to get people on your side, I would think you may wanna clean things up alitle rather then giving people more ammo to use agenst you.  The whole "leave things better then you found it" type of thingy, specialy if you are already under the watchful eye so to speak.  Ya know what I mean?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#10]
TruePunisher;

I totally agree...  Their demonstration really required a backend action that proved the point that they were trying to make.... Specially if they're trying to get the majority to side with them

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
TruePunisher;

I totally agree...  Their demonstration really required a backend action that proved the point that they were trying to make.... Specially if they're trying to get the majority to side with them

I am glad that made sense.  I couldn't type it out very well, but you got my point.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know....

I don't even know how to respond to that...  There are a ton of 'mexicans' that are doing the nasty job of picking up the trash around the city.

I have seen people of all races do the litter game...

You want to see something silly, go to a McDonalds and see people throw trash out(onto the ground) not in the trash can three feet away... And do you know who picks it up.. the mexican working there...

My bad,  I should have said the jackass protesters instead.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:52:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:11:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Here's my take on the subject.  THEY'RE HERE ALREADY ANYWAY!!!  Make them CITIZENS, but since so many of their $$ earned goes back over the border for families, put them in a new specialized tax group, and TAX THE HECK OUT OF 'EM when they get their citizenship.

We already KNOW that Social Security is going to TOTALLY FLOP when the Baby Boomers start to retire...  We already KNOW that MEDICARE and similar programs are already beginning to die or are DOA.  We're looking at a new potential source of finance.  That's all...

Am I against just FORKING OVER CITIZENSHIP?!?!?!  HELL YES!  I AM!  That would cause TONS of problems that I don't even want to get into...

HOWEVER, for those that are already here, and have worked here for a specific time frame, etc., and want to stay here...  SURE, they've proven to be able-bodied workers...  NOW LET'S TAX THE HECK OUT OF 'EM like the .GOV is doing to THE REST OF US!

People claim the immigrants are already paying tons of money in taxes, etc., but that's a lot of

They're paying SALES taxes, but not INCOME taxes...  Once they pay taxes on the same level as the rest of us we'll finally see a little less of a drain on our resources for healthcare, welfare, etc...

That's just my $0.02...

Are you freaking nuts?

Schools already need to dumb down and teach to the slowest child, now under your proposal that child is ESL!

Hold on to your wallet amigo! Those illegals dont have health coverage but they sure can make babys. What do you thing is going to happen to the price of health coverage?

Love ya bro but you better put a little thought into it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:17:03 AM EDT
[#15]
My problem is that we are depoting chineese who are fleeing communism and returning them to china, a place where they will most likely be executed or sent to prison for leaving,and yet we cant sent someone back to mexico becuase its not PC. Illegals dont want citizenship, they want to be safe from deportation so they can get all the benefits of citizenship (healthcare, free education, social services, voting) with none of the draw backs (taxes. jury duty, etc). I dont get it, their status is in the name - ILLEGAL immigrant. As in not legal. Its quite simple if you come here without a visa you shouldn't stay. Its a violation of national sovereignty. Why have countires, if you can just walk across a boarder and do what you please? These people have committed a crime by illegally entering the US. Now maybe they want to work but if thats the case, do it by the book. My ancestors did and it may not have been easy, but it can be done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top