Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 12:55:37 PM EDT
If anyone here cares...

Bad cop! No revenue for you!

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope then that all the ticket issued are pulled and the money returned with no mark on their record.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I hope then that all the ticket issued are pulled and the money returned with no mark on their record.

By paying the fine you are pleading guilty.

Don’t expect anything back once you pay the fine!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never understood how these things have been legal in the first place.

Prove it was me driving the car, just because it's mine doesn't rule out the fact someone else has the ability to operate it.

If I pull you over for speeding in person I can physically observe you and get your DL to verify it.  The DL is run through dispatch and then, generally, a hard copy is made with date, time, etc.  Tough to argue it wasn't you.

Cameras...phooey,
Scott
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:25:43 PM EDT
[#4]
The User fee on Cigarettes is unconstitutional  too, They are still spankin the smokers, so I wouldn't get your hopes up until the Supreme Court gets paid off makes  the decision
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Holy crap, I actually agree with the ACLU.  Mark this day on the calendar.

I don't disagree with using the camera's, personally, because the camera's are just an extension of the Officers eye.  I do have a MAJOR problem with not seeing who's the driver, and how they're doing this now.  VERY poor planning IMO.  I figured they would have been smart enough to figure this out on their own.  Maybe they should hire me as a consultant.  I could provide intelligence to their projects.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I dissagree with the cameras. Might as well put a microchip in me too so they know if I am driveing the car at that time or not.

Those who give up thier freedom for secureity should have niether!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Yah, Yah just like the cigarette tax...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:25:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I think that's what dpmmn was saying, too.  [looks up 3 posts]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Is this Sarcastic or do you hate the cig tax like I do......and I don't even smoke.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:47:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Pretty much all taxes suck.  My biggest bitch is income tax.  It's a constant reminder how 40% of your paycheck is taken from you and frivolously wasted on $10,000 toilet seats and $20,000 hammers.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:54:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this Sarcastic or do you hate the cig tax like I do......and I don't even smoke.

Yes I am a smoker, I dont like the taxes. All these cities and counties that paid for all these cameras, they will apeal this decission...
I could save around $200 a month if I just quit smoking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top