Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 9:17:28 AM EDT
www.startribune.com/467/story/280108.html

You know these things are bullet hoses and can shoot through schools from 2 miles away.

Sounds like this dude got killed due to a bad, bad arguement earlier that night.  Not good press for the rest of us.  Thankfully he didn't use an auto-knife or a silencer  Why do people have to do this shit!?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#1]
First off it is the red star and what they think is an assault weapon could be anything... an SKS maybe.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, of course they arent very specific of what kind of rifle it is.  Probably a 10/22 with a big bannana clip yo!  Or a mini-14.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyweapon used in a assualt  would  or could be coined a "assualt weapon"
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anyweapon used in a assualt  would  or could be coined a "assualt weapon"

A good point uncle Dan!

I have an assault baseball bat!  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
...and can shoot through schools from 2 miles away....

Johnny Dangerously said that about the .357mag Revolver, but nobody calls it an "Assault Wheelgun?"

Seriously I heard this story on Fox news this morning, and the anchor made the comment "it was probably an AK47 or some other assault weapon."  However I've heard that same news program talking about the war in Iraq, and how the soldiers and private security use "confiscated AK47's" and others, "as Military weapons."  If it's the same weapon, how can they justify the difference?

I hate how the media puts thier own spin on things however they (libtards) wish to make it sound.  And they know that the sheep (soccer moms with nothing better to do) will follow.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#6]
While doing research for a paper back in my college days, I emailed a Star and Trib staff reporter regarding a shooting in minneapolis.  The reporter wrote in the article the victim was killed with an assault weapon.  I asked the reported what type of assualt wepon was used.

My response from the reporter; "The case is still under investigation." so he couldn't tell me what type of "assault weapon" was used.   My question in my next  email was "How can you know an assault wepon was used if the case is still under investigation?"  I never got a second responsehinking.gif.  

I'll have to look back in my files to see what the reporter's name was.

Little Lamb
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#7]
We should all E mail and ask this time what it was.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably what happened is the police told the reporter it was an "assault weapon."  The reporter knows nothing about guns and goes with what he or she was told.

It's careless but not necessarily malicious.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#9]
WCCO news report in the morning said that it was an "automatic rifle".

ETA- shooters name is Tou Fue Moua. Probably got tired of all the veggie and bean curd jokes all his life and snapped.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
WCCO news report in the morning said that it was an "automatic rifle".

ETA- shooters name is Tou Fue Moua. Probably got tired of all the veggie and bean curd jokes all his life and snapped.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like they will have one big family reunion in prison.

info.doc.state.mn.us/publicviewer/main.asp

Do a search on Moua.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:49:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Looks like they will have one big family reunion in prison.

info.doc.state.mn.us/publicviewer/main.asp

Do a search on Moua.

Damn. I pulled up Bean Sprout Moua, Soy Shake Moua, Veggie Burger Moua, Tofurkey Moua, RicenBeans Moua, Wheat Grass Moua, Chai Latte Moua, Peta Moua, and Vegan Moua.

Sounds like a pretty rough and tumble gang.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:55:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Ok, why is Foua Moa on supervised release now?

convicted of man 2.
info.doc.state.mn.us/publicviewer/Inmate.asp?OID=183984
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:03:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Probably what happened is the police told the reporter it was an "assault weapon."  The reporter knows nothing about guns and goes with what he or she was told.

Since I know a number of journalists, I would pretty much guarantee that is what happened.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I was watching that story on the television just now and they said that 15 shots were fired.  It could have been an AK, but it could have been a 9mm pistol with a 30 round magazine too.  The news has really backed off the whole AK story, which means one wasn't used.  Had an AK been used, they'd be all over it.
After first hearing about it, I wondered what kind of AK the guy used; was it a WASR, an SAR-1, maybe even an AMD-65.  
And I also looked up "Moua" on the Minnesota Dept. of Corrections website.  Man, there were some really young folks there.  It's kind of fun to click on the names of the individuals and see what they were in for.  My goodness, there's this one guy who's in for, well, go look it all up yourself!  Some rough youngsters to say the least.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top