Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 11:37:55 AM EDT
I'm hot for some three-way three-gun action, and I'm wondering what's out there in our land of 10,000 liberals. I know about the DPMS event in St. Cloud - I'm looking for smaller events where I can get my feet wet, so to speak. You know, have a good ol' time slinging lead while trying my damndest to look "tacticool"! Any hot tips?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Does Mark @ Oak Grove still do the weekly shoots, Death?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:15:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking for some three-gun action here, too.  Looks like fun...you ever had a BAD time slinging lead?

Besides, need to try out my suppressor.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmmm Don't you mean ....Sir Press Her
(badda bing / rim shot)
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:05:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd be up for it for sure.....let me know.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'd be up for it for sure.....let me know.

Up for what? Rim shots? Er...OK, so we have 3 guys...and...?? Maybe somebody has some land where we can go pretend Mexican paratroopers are landing or something...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Check on www.mnuspsa.org.  Look for Gopher Rifle and Pistol club near Harris MN.  They are having a 2-gun shoot on Sat.  Rifle and Shotgun only.  Four stages.  12 slugs, 50 shot shells, and I think 75 rifle.  Good start anyway.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:50:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Mexican paratroopers?

We can recreate the famous documentary "Red Dawn"!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:02:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Red Dawn was on last night.  can't remember if it was the history channel or encore-documentary channel
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn...can't do it on Saturday...but thanks for the heads-up on that club. Anyone want to sponsor this poor, range-less Iraq war veteran? (OK, I'm not poor, but I am range-less...)
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Damn...can't do it on Saturday...but thanks for the heads-up on that club. Anyone want to sponsor this poor, range-less Iraq war veteran? (OK, I'm not poor, but I am range-less...)

You mean like an AA Sponsor?

Where are you located?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I live in northeast Minneapolis. I've shot at various ranges across the metro (Bill's North and Robbinsdale, Metro Gun Club, South St. Paul Rod & Gun, BPR, the VFW range near Elko...), but I haven't yet found one that I really like yet.

Also, I came across the Practical Rifle Team Challenge the other day, and now I really want to do that. So some long-range shooting is in order.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like you should start attending some DE Carbine classes...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Delobius,

You missed a great 2-gun match today.  Four stages - two shotgun and two rifle.

Rifle shots out to 300 yards and Shotgun slugs out to 75 yards.  Some up close and fast in the mix also.  Positions included Prone, Kneeling, Standing.  Some shooting done from a tower.  Great time.  Nice day to have a little trigger time.

Payne
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Too bad I missed it...the woman was out with the only car. Maybe next time...by then I should have my Benelli Nova...!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top