Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 9:48:26 AM EDT
What is required to legally complete a FTF handgun sale (in MN)?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#1]
If it's just between two private parties?  All that's legally needed is a buyer and a seller that are both residents of the state of MN.

I personally will only sell FTF if the buyer:
1. Signs a bill of sale (with both of our pertinent info, ie. name, address, phone #)
2. Shows me a DL and permit (purchase or carry).  

I will gladly show my DL and permit if the other party asks.  That way there is a record of the transaction, and I have verified that the other party is whom they say they are, and they have been checked out by the county/city/state (reason to see permit).
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#2]
This is the "gun show loophole" and how 99% of all criminals obtain their firearms

Kory is right in his post.  I, personally, don't sell a gun to someone unless:

A.  I personally know them and they are eligible to buy a firearm
2.  They have a CCW or Permit to Purchase and a valid DL that they show me
III.  THe transfer is done across state lines through an FFL.

The only exception I would make is for C&R eligible rifles sold at a gun show.  You'd really have to be crazy to hold up a liquor store with a K98 Mauser.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#3]
You should have turned in your gun during the Minneapolis buyback the other week. I'm sure $50 -$75 was very generous for any quality firearm.

Plus you would have helped by getting dangerous guns off the street.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:01:28 PM EDT
[#4]
A.
III.

Mike, call me about that home loan thing.  I think we need to talk...

Personally, I won't sell a gun to someone unless they perform oral sex on me.  That's the only way to make sure they are worthy of my trust.  Maybe that's why I've never sold a gun...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This is the "gun show loophole" and how 99% of all criminals obtain their firearms

Kory is right in his post.  I, personally, don't sell a gun to someone unless:

A.  I personally know them and they are eligible to buy a firearm
2.  They have a CCW or Permit to Purchase and a valid DL that they show me
III.  THe transfer is done across state lines through an FFL.

The only exception I would make is for C&R eligible rifles sold at a gun show.  You'd really have to be crazy to hold up a liquor store with a K98 Mauser.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A.
III.

Mike, call me about that home loan thing.  I think we need to talk...

Personally, I won't sell a gun to someone unless they perform oral sex on me.  That's the only way to make sure they are worthy of my trust.  Maybe that's why I've never sold a gun...

Hey, Come on!  Your rate is less than VII Per Cent!  

Now, as soon as my typewriter gets a new ribbon, I will send in your mortgage application for typing in triplicate!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#7]
The problem is even after 4 shots of jagermeister.....I still can't get that taste out of my mouth....but hey....thanks for the new handgun!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The problem is even after 4 shots of jagermeister.....I still can't get that taste out of my mouth....but hey....thanks for the new handgun!

Oh, boy.  That will not buff out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top