Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 3:39:23 PM EDT
I'm sure this has been asked 100 times, but where can a guy in the Owatonna area take the permit to carry class.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is a possible place for your consideration MMR
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out www.twincitiescarry.com for information on carry classes and useful MN information.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I think they are doing classes at Cabelas
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:34:02 AM EDT
[#5]
A good bit of advice is that you want to question the resume of the instructor!  You want an instructor that has track record of teaching lethal force.  You want instructor that can enhance you shooting ability.  You want an instructor that is not necessarily the most inexpensive, but you want value for your money!  If all you want is piece of paper there are plenty of candidates to afford you that opportunity.  Just remember this is not IDPA or any other form of gamesmanship!  So, someone sporting a resume of NRA Instructor and IDPA whiz bang shooter and certified by one of the various and nefarious organizations is just out there to take your money, IMHO.

The top two places that the vast amount of favorable responses are Defensive Edge's Greg Sullivan and Bills Gun Shop's Len Bruere.  They are top flight people.  I realize that it may be a drive for you.
I really think that the lengths that Len is going to get some other top flight instructors is outstanding.  Greg is hosting James Yeager this spring or summer.

I recently was made aware that Gabe Suarez is putting on class  up in Hibbing.  Gabe Suarez
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:47:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The top two places that the vast amount of favorable responses are Defensive Edge's Greg Sullivan and Bills Gun Shop's Len Bruere.  They are top flight people.  I realize that it may be a drive for you.
I really think that the lengths that Len is going to get some other top flight instructors is outstanding.  Greg is hosting James Yeager this spring or summer.

+1 on above. Excellent trainers.

I recently was made aware that Gabe Suarez is putting on class  up in Hibbing.  Gabe Suarez

I've taken CGR from Gabe. A couple comments- 1) if you haven't had a lot of formal training, Gabe is not the place to start - speaking form experience on this one and 2) my not qualify for MN permit training.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I took my conceal carry class with Joel Rosenberg, one of the main reasons we have conceal carry in Minnesota. A very good class and recommend it highly.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

X2
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#9]
you don't have your CC yet!  How do you expect to shoot at random without it?

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#10]
My bad!! I'm working on it!h.gif
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top