Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 1:25:47 PM EDT
Hey fellas

Is a flare gun legal for in-car transport for a someone who doesn't have a CC permit?
How about in the trunk?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hey fellas

Is a flare gun legal for in-car transport for a someone who doesn't have a CC permit?
How about in the trunk?

Thanks

I would keep it in the trunk...No real need for it to be kept in the passenger compartment.  Keep the flare out of it and it would be legal for anyone to carry in the trunk, I would think.  

Laws in other states might be different.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what I was thinking. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I keep one under the back seat of my pickup  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:16:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I keep one in a cross-draw holster in case I need to signal for backup.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:38:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I keep one in a cross-draw holster in case I run out of coffee.

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:08:58 AM EDT
[#6]
As far as I know they don't even qualify as firearms. You could keep a 37mm launcher in your trunk if you wanted  and there is nothign anyone could do about it, other than give you a hard time.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:05:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I keep one in a cross-draw holster in case I run out of coffee.

Fixed it for you.

"I'm flaring up like a pack a hemarrhoids, here!"
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Everytime I have a Winnebago tailgate me, I wonder to myself...
"How much fun would it be to turn around and bounce a red flare off that asshat's windshield?"
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Everytime I have a Winnebago tailgate me, I wonder to myself...
"How much fun would it be to turn around and bounce a red flare off that asshat's windshield?"

Damn, how slow are you driving that a Winnebago is tailgating you? LOL I'm just having fun. Drive as slow as you want- Just not in the left lane.

I have never thought about bouncing a flare off the windshield of the guy behind me, that would be funny as hell! Untill the police pulled you over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top