Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 8:27:16 PM EDT
Are there any IDPA, IPSIC, 3-gun type ranges around here? I love shooting, but quite frankly, I'm getting kind of tired of square ranges, paper only, 25yd, 50yd and 100yd shooting. Sure the range I go to has a falling plate rack for pistols and rimfires and its great. However, I want to be able to run drills, shoot & move, shoot behind barriers, and try different firing positions. Any of the aforementioned things will get you booted at my range. Not to mention, god forbid anyone fire more than one round a minute at my range outside the plate rack lane

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:52:46 AM EDT
[#1]
www.mnuspsa.org.  Good site for local shooting competitions including 3-gun.  Numerous ranges throughout the state.

www.uspsa.org.  Good for the rules etc..

www.brianenos.com/forum.  Good site for all things related to competition shooting.

www.twincitiescarry.com/forum.  MN Permit to carry website.  Some of these guys hold a weekly training/competition at an indoor range in the Twin Cities area.  Sounds like fun, but haven't made it there as of yet.

Good luck, careful or you will become hooked.

Payne
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Del Tone in St Cloud did have steel bay, that a person paid extra for.  They host a 3 gun match come August.  And, I think are host fo USPSA club!  Check the links that Payne left for you!  Otherwise there are not too many clubs with bays allowing rapid fire run and gun engagment!

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:56:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I've noticed the lack of run and gun ranges. Seems like the closest one is a 70 mile drive one way to faribault.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Our dump you can get away with what you want.

At least at class I know we can.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Del Tone in St Cloud did have steel bay, that a person paid extra for.  They host a 3 gun match come August.  And, I think are host fo USPSA club!  Check the links that Payne left for you!  Otherwise there are not too many clubs with bays allowing rapid fire run and gun engagment!

AHEM.

Take a class with Sully or Len and that's exactly what you'll get.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AHEM.

Take a class with Sully or Len and that's exactly what you'll get.

I intend to as "running and gunning" won't do you a lick of good if you don't know what the hell you are doing. You only develop bad habits and at the very worst are just out looking to injure yourself or another shooter. But taking a training class once a year and then not having someplace to apply and practice what you've learned won't help much either. Sure you will know what to do, but a skill not applied is a skill that will diminish with time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#7]
East Grand Forks Gun Club has a monthly IDPA match.  March through October.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Sully thanks for the reply. I would love to have that opportunity become eligible for an alumni shoot. I need to become an alumnus first though.  Speaking of which, do you have any plans for a carbine 1 or handgun 1 class anytime in the next few months? I don't see any on the DE calendar (I had a family thing the weekend of the 9th and wasn't able to make that one).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top