Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 1:33:02 PM EDT
I need to move my furnace and duct work in preperation for a basement remodel.  Any recommendations for an HVAC contractor in the west metro/Plymouth?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in Plymouth and I used Centerpoint Energy (Gas company) to replace my furnace and change my electric water heater to a gas one last May.  They subbed the actual install to River City (in coon rapids?).  They did a pretty good job and did both in the same day.

Center point was one of the only ones that both returned my initial phone call and actually gave me a bid after meeting with me, taking the measurements, etc and finding out what I needed.

There is one that a couple friends have used (and really liked).  I had them come out and give me an estimate.  After spending hours taking all the info, he never called back or mailed me the estimate like he promised.  After they sent me a survey to see if I had bought one yet and to rate the salesman, I had to explain why they could go f' off.  If they didn't send a bid, they couldn't be chosen.  (And I bought one of the two stage burner, variable speed fan units with an air conditioner at the same time, so it's not like it was cheap unit) He said they had fired that particular salesman.  I wouldn't personally recommend them, but several friends did and would.  I won't post their name, but will tell you if you want via IM.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Send me an IM flashdude. Want to get a couple bids for the job.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Get an estimate..... the codes might have changed.

A simple water heater install cost me twice the retail of the unit and frozen pipes in the winter!
(I live in Plymouth)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top