Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 4:05:15 AM EDT
Was thinking of trying this again.  Was wondering wat a "cheap" setup would cost.  Also where to get them.  Any huge sales going on anybody know about?

PS- Downhill...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:29:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Rent.
You might have to wait until late feb to get clearance sales.

Try snowboarding. Never picked up my skis again after boarding for the first time about 6 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:56:46 AM EDT
[#2]
tried boarding once- was tough!
Used to ski like every day- got out of it.  my Olin mark IV's just a bit too old.

I was hoping for the unbelivable sale
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:02:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a set of Olins (195's I think?) that I bought new in '93, complete with bindings, poles, and a decent padded ski bag.  I started snowboarding in '95 and haven't ski'd more than half-a-dozen times since.  The last 5-6 years I've been snowboarding only, and have no ambition to ski again.

You can have them FREE if there something you could use?  They're in good shape, just need a bit of cleaning.

I also have a set of Nordica front entry ski boots. Size 28.5 (roughly size 10 - 10.5 ~ish).  Bought new by me around '97 in Colorado, was in Aspen (and they didn't allow Snowboarding there back then).  They have exactly two days of skiing on them.  I'd sell them for CHEAP if they'd fit you.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:11:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd try Randy at Territorial Gunsmiths.

...wait, what was the question again???
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've got a set of Olins (195's I think?) that I bought new in '93, complete with bindings, poles, and a decent padded ski bag.  I started snowboarding in '95 and haven't ski'd more than half-a-dozen times since.  The last 5-6 years I've been snowboarding only, and have no ambition to ski again.

You can have them FREE if there something you could use?  They're in good shape, just need a bit of cleaning.

I also have a set of Nordica front entry ski boots. Size 28.5 (roughly size 10 - 10.5 ~ish).  Bought new by me around '97 in Colorado, was in Aspen (and they didn't allow Snowboarding there back then).  They have exactly two days of skiing on them.  I'd sell them for CHEAP if they'd fit you.

you on the east side?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:31:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn't notice your in WI.  I'm on the west side of the cities.  

PM sent with more info.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#7]
got your IM- will consider-after Friday when i go for the first time in 10 + years.  Latsa time I skiied was the beginning of the Gulf war I ground war. (that day).

I am old.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top