Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 2:36:42 PM EDT
So I'm running around at about 4:30pm today buying some last minute gifts.  This is nothing unusual, and I'm sure you guys probably do it too.  

So I'm up at Riverdale in Coon Rapids coming out of Kohls and I look longingly at the Sportsmans Warehouse store, wondering if it's still open.  

I drive in front of the store and people are mopping the entry way.  Damn, they're closed already.  Ehhh, park the truck and see if they're just getting a head start.  Sure enough the doors are still open.  Now I've been stopping by at least once a week for the last couple months because there is an open slot on the pegboard for a gun I want.  Sure enough, they have it in.  So guess what followed me home today?

They had at least one more on the board.  At $199 I think it's the cheapest anywhere in town.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Let us know how it shoots!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that a Bersa?

If it is, order a handfull of safety levers now, they break, alot.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:39:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting.  The reason I got it is from everything I've read, the Bersa is a, inexpensive gun that's well made and fun to shoot.  

And that's why I got it.  It will never be a carry piece for me.  I'm not a big fan of all the extra safety crap on the gun that's not needed like the integral safety lock, the magazine disconnect, and the slide mounted safety. Still, I was fascinated with a $200 gun that has a pretty good reputation.  I'll make sure I give a range report on how it shoots.  

This is my first time hearing about the safety lever.  May I ask you where that information comes from?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:59:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got a Bersa--neat little gun, especially for the price.  My sister can shoot the hell out of mine, so I'm going to "loan" it to her and her husband once she takes Basic Handgun from Bills.  (She wasn't insterested in a Ruger SP101 or a CZ P01...)
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:48:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one and like it.  Shoots very well.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:19:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow, thanks for the writeup iNuh!  I've always meant to keep track of ammo diet, but it seems a little pointless on a Glock because, well, I've only had 1 failure to go boom with it since I've had it, and zero feeding or extracting problems.  (The failure to fire was a UMC Mega Pack 180gr FMJ in .40 S&W, solid primer strike).  

Maybe I'll start a log for this one.  I picked it and 2 50rnd boxes of WWB up for $233 out the door.  Merry Christmas to me  

I agree about American Eagle and Federal BTW.  They seem to make the most reliable ammo, as well as supporting the local economy.  I smile every time I pick up a box and read that Anoka, MN address less than 3 miles from my house on the box.  

I mentioned I won't use this as a carry gun.  I haven't changed my mind about this.  If I was going to do that, I'd probably get the Sig.  But at more than twice the price, for a plinking gun I wanted the Bersa.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Just think--if the Bersa jams for CCW, it is all metal.  You can always beat the hell out of the bad guy with it.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:25:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, the first trip to the range is complete.  

Short version:  

100 rounds of WWB, 0 problems.

Long version:

Holy shit, this is an accurate little gun.  At 7 yards, doing slow fire, I was putting everything inside a 2" circle without even worrying about it.  At 20 yards, all rounds were solidly in the center of mass, probably about an 8" spread.  I also played with a guys' NAA that was there.  That thing barks.  It was definitely harder to group with it than with the Bersa.  

In any case, I like the gun, and would have no problems recommending it to anyone else.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:27:58 AM EDT
[#11]
for $200 you can't beat it!  Nice find!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:35:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Its a fun gun, one thing you may want to do is put a little loc-tight on the grip screws.  I had to.  Mine kept loosing up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top