Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 7:52:03 AM EDT
I am a HUGE Political junkie and talk radio junkie. AM1500 is all I listen to at work, and in the car. That is why I am ticked to see KSTP 1500's new talk show line up

5:30a-9a..... Willie Clark (live)
9a-11:50a.... Bob Davis (live)
11:50a-12:05p... Paul Harvey News & Comment Boring
Noon-2p....... Ron Rosenbaum & Mark O'Connell (live) Sucks, lame topics and Ron thinks he is a genius...but he is a liberal hack
2p-5:30p...... Joe Soucheray (live)
5:30p-7:30p.. Tommy Mischke (live)
7:30p-10p..... Chris Krok (live)
10p-Mid......... Hannity Why bother Sean show is three hours long not two, and Hannity & Combs is on at 8pm so Sean will already cover his issues for the day on Foxnews.

Sounds like KSTP and Clear Channel Radio are having a corporate battle and Clear Channel is not allowing Rush to be on AM1500.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like Clear Channel and Rush had a falling out
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#2]
With the loss of Jason Lewis, and now Rush, I'll be spending more time listening to 1280 and 1570.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#3]
After Jason left, it was a bit disappointing.  Now, no more Rush?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:25:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I listen to the Mexican AM radio station.  I can't understand what they say and it's just fine with me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I listen to the Mexican AM radio station.  I can't understand what they say and it's just fine with me.

Música en inglés de los años 80s y 90s. Además del espacio noticioso más importante de la radio, LA RED mañana, tarde y noche!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard that he didn't like the fact that AM1500 was time delaying his show by an hour.  He wants MN listeners to be able to call in real-time.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#7]
At least I get to listen to Bob Davis on my way into work now.

Not much else worth tunning into.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I heard that he didn't like the fact that AM1500 was time delaying his show by an hour.  He wants MN listeners to be able to call in real-time.

I can see that...AM1500 delays and cuts Hannity show down to two hours. If Rush wants his listeners to listen in real time wouldn't it be in AM 1500's best interest to cut Ron and Mark's show to two hours( they talk about one topic for THREE F**king hours a day) and have Rush from 11 to 2, GL from 2 until 5.

AM 880 has Rush in real time. 1280 doesn't come in where I live.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can see that...AM1500 delays and cuts Hannity show down to two hours. If Rush wants his listeners to listen in real time wouldn't it be in AM 1500's best interest to cut Ron and Mark's show to two hours( they talk about one topic for THREE F**king hours a day) and have Rush from 11 to 2, GL from 2 until 5.

AM 880 has Rush in real time. 1280 doesn't come in where I live.

A big +1 to that.  I don't listen to those guys much, but they sure are boring when I do.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I kind of like the AM 1500 line up.
I'm not a big Rush fan as I'm at work during his show. I don't much care for Bob Davis' rudeness. (The same for Hannity)
I think "Garage logic is" a great radio show.

I did notice that no one voted for ::cough:: air amerika::cough::
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#11]
FM 100.3 is switching from elevator music to talk sometime soon...They may carry Rush, especially if Clear Channel owns the station.  I like the AM1500 lineup except for Mark and Ron and Sean Vanity.  Mark and Ron are just plain boring.  I agree with a lot of what Sean Vanity says but he is one self-righteous SOB.  For all of Bob Davis' rudeness, he's actually the easiest to listen to.
Soucheray is okay too.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#12]
94.7 out of Wadena carries Rush at his normal time.  But I lost it around St. Cloud or just a little South.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
wouldn't it be in AM 1500's best interest to cut Ron and Mark's show to two hours

The new lineup DOES have them cut down to less than two hours anyways

The post above is right.  Clear Channel bought a new station (conversion of existing?) and is making it conservative talk to compete head to head with AM1500.  Since they own the distribution rights to Hannity, Rush, and their filler shows Coast to Coast and Jim Hendrie (weekends), I imagine those could possibly leaving as well, though I haven't heard anything about the latter two in particular.

Hopefully there is some truth to the rumors of Jason Lewis coming back at the end of his current contract in NC.   http://www.shotinthedark.info/archives/006879.html

Mischke's really a great filler in the late night slot.  I would much rather listen to him when I'm trying to fall asleep than listen to Vanity drone on about his next book and the constant ads for that steak place.  I think Mischke's gonna have a hard time keeping peoples interest as the callers aren't drunk enough yet by 6pm.  I also tend to agree with him a lot, but I just can't stand to listen to him (what is it about the right wing spokesman like hannity and o'reilly that makes them just completely obnoxious when they get on their soapbox?)

I don't get to listen during the day and since they are moving most of the shows I listen to now to times that I can't listen....I think they are about to lose a huge fan.  Let's just hope it's all very temporary until Hanity leaves in August as well (also clear channel) and they reshuffle things again.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
10p-Mid......... Hannity Why bother Sean show is three hours long not two, and Hannity & Combs is on at 8pm so Sean will already cover his issues for the day on Foxnews.

When Jason Lewis left a couple years ago, Hannity was in that time slot.  Since he is still on a current contract that, like Rush's, Clear Channel is also refusing to renew, they are likely moving him to a time slot to reduce the number of listeners who follow him to the CC station when he leaves in August.

Personally, I think they are just going to piss the cool aide drinkers who need to be told what to think who do actually listen to Hannity and pissing off the people who actually liked Mischke.  

Based on the feedback I have seen and heard, the only people who are happy are Bob Davis (doesn't have to get up at 3am anymore), Soucheray (who gets to go back to his old time slot and go home a half hour earlier during the summer), and Krok (who get's an extra half hour to rant about not being able to smoke).  Haven't heard many fans happy with the new arrangements.  Not sure about RR and MO, but they are losing an hour and moving to a slot I have about zero chance of ever hearing, which isn't a bad thing
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:51:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm still bummed they couldn't keep Dave Thompson in Lewis' slot - intellectually honest conversations about things that are either important or interesting...

I still love that bit Thompson did a couple of months back about psych testing suggesting that cops and criminals have nearly identical psych profiles except for their recognition of law....Sully and George: I'm glad you're on the correct side....
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Moved to 100.3 KTLK, Launched Monday January 2nd.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:57:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'm still bummed they couldn't keep Dave Thompson in Lewis' slot - intellectually honest conversations about things that are either important or interesting...

Just got an email last night, that starting tonight, Dave Thompson is in the M-F 7:30 to 10 pm slot.  I heard a teaser from Krok about a big announcement while in the car last night, but forgot to tune back in....anyone know what happened to him?  Weekend duty or just plain gone?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#18]
It's not AM1500's fault that Rush is gone. Clearchannel is behind it.

If you think the current lineup/schedule sucks (as I do).

Send a email:

Steve Konrad [email protected]
Dir. of Programming/Operations
am1500 KSTP "The Talk Station"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top