Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 1:56:49 PM EDT
Does anyone know of any C&R full-auto AR-15's for sale in the state? I've been tossing up the idea of attempting to get one, but I haven't seen any for sale locally(in the state). Due to their age, and if a decent one can be found, is their any harm in shooting them a lot to enjoy it?

Thanks,

Rick
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:17:10 PM EDT
[#1]
no one puts them on the tables anymore.  i know a couple dealers knew of people who would probably sell them if people wanted to buy them.  thing is, the asking prices are insane these days!  

there's one collector in MN that has at least a dozen 01's, thats like what he collects/collected.  i know a dealer in MI, who had a lot at one time, but i think he has been steadily selling them as MI is C&R as well.  

you usually have to seek the 01s out these days, you won't find too many in dealer inventories.

if you got an 01, you would strip EVERY part off the receiver and then put a M16 parts kit onto the 01 receiver.  you don't want to shoot original 01 parts these days.  the 01s run fast and parts can break easily, plus they are SPENDY and RARE to find.

once you get an aftermarket M16 parts kit on it, you can beat the hell out of the gun and not hurt it.

Craig
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Oak Grove Arms had one awhile back, they had $18K on the price sticker.  I saw another one at the State Fair show a couple years ago for $15K.

I missed one 3 years ago for $10K.  The caller before me took it.  If I hadn't of procrastinated for 30 minutes, it would have been mine.  Still not sure if I'm pissed or happy that I didn't blow the $10K on it, but seeing as they're going for almost twice that, yeah I guess I'm pissed.  On the other hand, the stroke of a pen could make it worthless in the future as well.  Not to mention I wouldn't know what to do with it if I had it.  I'd want to take it out and get dirty with it, but then it would get scratched up and 1 bad round would turn something now worth $18K into $5 of scrap metal.  It's a lot of money to have sitting in the safe just so you can say you have one.

Life moves on....

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#3]
If your hooked on getting full auto and the Model 01 is priced out of reach, consider the Armalite AR18. It's about 1/2 the price and still shoots 5.56.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:50:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Speaking of full auto, any chance of Minnesota repealing the ban on MG and silencers anytime in the future?  

Not saying I'd go get one or anything, but it seems silly that even Wisconsin has full auto, and we ban it.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:03:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I suppose there's always a chance. They revisited the topic with silencers, and loosened the law for DNR and SWAT recently.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:40:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If your hooked on getting full auto and the Model 01 is priced out of reach, consider the Armalite AR18. It's about 1/2 the price and still shoots 5.56.

Yes they are, but parts for them are getting almost as rare as the gun itself.  Unless you're buying it to just stuff in the safe for that feeling of comfort and joy, you'll want to spend another $4K or so on a parts kit, that you'll use to shoot with to keep the original safe and sound.  Now they are no longer half the price and the parts kits don't work as well as the originals.

If you just want a bullet hose and the Armalite is out of reach, one of the 9MM C&R MGs is your most economical bet.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top