Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 5:12:53 AM EDT
This is from the MSU Reporter and it talks about how racist all of us MN people are.    She moved up here form LA when Katrina hit and know she wrote this about us.

Nigga, Please
The n-word is also about making white people uncomfortable. You should squirm. It should burn. You think years of slavery, discrimination and oppression was a joy ride?

by Fay Yusuf
December 06, 2005

Some want “nigger” to disappear, and I think that's the worst thing that could happen. The word should never disappear, white people should be reminded of the pain and turmoil they have caused black people, and all non-white people in this country. White people, when dealing with race, tend to want to sweep things under the rug … there is still a pain that comes from hearing white people use that word no matter in what context. That pain has still not been adequately dissected, before eradicating a representation of large segment of African American history I'd like to see more people understand. One must never forget their history, and this word no matter how ugly, how inhumane, must be remembered not only as black history, but as American history. This word is a part of my history

I'm embarrassed and upset that African American's have allowed this word to become apart of pop culture. I am embarrassed and upset that some African American's have given whites a pass to use the word nigga. It annoys me that black people have created a differentiation between nigger and nigga, they are BOTH racial slurs. Throughout my entire life living in the south, I have never heard white people use either word as liberally as I have in Minnesota.

But for a moment I would like to parallel the word nigger(a) with the word bitch. During the feminist movement of the ‘60s and ‘70s, feminists took this word away from their oppressors. Feminists use the word amongst each other, in their speeches, and in their literature, it has almost lost its meaning as a derogatory term. It is not socially acceptable for men to walk around calling women “bitches” and whether the majority of people know it, it's not okay for white people to go around calling black people niggas. I'll let you all in on a little secret, there is a level of comfort that must come before black people start calling each other that word. I can't go up to a black person I've never met and just call them all types of “niggas”. There is a certain level of comfort and consent that must come before using that word.

“If black people can use it, why can't I?” I'm going to give you my answer and here's a disclaimer, these answers represent MY opinions, not every African American. I have never been called a nigga by a black person who has used that word as anything but a term of endearment. No black person has ever called me that word to dehumanize me, make me feel inferior, afraid, or like an outcast. No black person who has ever called me that word has been malicious, and every white person who has used that word or called me that word meant to invoke those exact feelings. No white person has ever used that word as a term of endearment toward me and historically that has not ever been the case. I can't tell the difference between the ones who mean in the historic sense and the ones who mean it in the urban pop culture sense and I think it'll just be easier if all non blacks just refrain from using it. My other reason for thinking it's never okay may be pretty hard for some of you to wrap your minds around. There are some things that are just not for you. There are some things about being Caucasian in America that I don't understand, will never understand and don't want to understand because I'm not Caucasian. There's enough stuff I have to deal with, for me to be worried about trying to do stuff white people get to do. Why can't using the word “nigga” be something that is only acceptable for black people? Sure we don't live in a segregated society, but it seems as if whites have permeated every aspect of African American culture. Why can't this just be the one thing WE have all to ourselves? No you do not get pass if it's in a song, or if your cousin on your mama's side by your second uncle once removed married a black man or if “your best friend is black”, or if you hear it on “Chappelle's Show”, or because you grew up in the Southside of Chicago, Harlem, Compton, in the SWATS, or the Lower Ninth Ward. YOU DO NOT GET A PASS.

Nigger(a) is an ugly word. With it carries a whole lot of feelings and responsibilities. After reading this some of you may be upset, I'm sorry. Some of you may not agree, that's fine. Some of you will agree, that's great. Nigger(a) is a racial slur. It's a shame that it has become an acceptable part of speech for the people it was once meant to oppress, but it is downright frightening that people who are the children of the generation who fought integration are allowed to use this word, one generation ago this word was still being used by lynchmen, rapists, racists, and murderers, and now we're going to allow the offspring of those same people to perpetuate the same abuse and disenfranchisement with that word, as black people we've got to do better. I don't agree that the word should die, it should be eradicated from speech. Lastly, while it's not for African American's to use the word I beg white people: stop using the rationale “Well you use it, so why can't I?” I'll give you the same answer on why I'll NEVER be able to get a cab in downtown New York, or why it IS legal for the police to stop me without probable cause, this is Amerikkka, that's just the way things are.

Fay Yusuf is a Reporter staff writer

The MSU Reporter

Give me a break!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:52:37 AM EDT
[#1]
good greif.

DAMN the white man for opressing us!!

i posted a comment.  should show up as posted by " cracker"
lets see if the moderator allows it and posts it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:06:38 AM EDT
[#2]
this is bad but I have to say it,

Nigga please
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:26:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I think she forgot what side MN fought during the civil war.  Maybe she needs to take a field trip to Fort Snelling cemetary to see the civil war grave markers.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:37:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I think she is just upset the Saints suck!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#5]

… there is still a pain that comes from hearing white people use that word no matter in what context.

So it's obviously OK for a black person to use it since SHE will feel no pain from it.  Therefore, she's a racist, which is OK for a black person, but not a white person.  When will we finally get to the point that we all realize that racism is not acceptable from anyone?  When will we finally realize that there is no value or judgement to be made based on one's skin color, one way or the other?  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:04:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Nigga please

+1

C'mon!  I liked Chapelle's Show!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I just sent an email to the University about what I think of the bitch.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:20:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Did you listen to KQ this morning?  Tom read her article, and then brought up some good points.  Like her last name "Yusuf" is an Arabic name.  The Arabs sold slaves to the white people!

My feeling is that I've never owned a slave, my parents and grandparents never owned slaves.  She was not a slave, I'm guessing her parents weren't slaves either?  So, "Hey I'm sorry it happened, but it wasn't me, and it wasn't you.  I'm over it, so get off it already!"  I think "RACISM" happens because certain people just won't let it go.

Once while in the Army, I got called a racist by a subordinate (whom was black).  His Platoon was attatched to my command that evening, and I told him to do something, which he didn't care for.  So he aquised me of being a racist and refused to take my direct order.  I called his Squad leader (black female) and Platoon Sergeant (black male) over, and they agreed that I was in the right.  The best was watching this soldier get his ass smoked (serious on the spot, down and dirty PT) for over an hour by his Black Female Squad leader, the whole time she was screaming at him "AM I RACIST, NO I'M YOUR BOSS ASSHOLE!"  She was cool.  

There was never a racist comment made by me, the guy just lived that way and hid under that excuse.  Sad realy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:45:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm not racist, I hate everyone.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#10]
She has had it really ruff in MN.

New Orleans student gets early start at Minnesota State

www.mnsu.edu/news/read.php?id=old-1126790837
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I suppose college is a place for students to think of all the wonderful ideals they'd like to see in the world and discuss them.

Then you go out into the real world and those ideals are crushed because they are silly and unrealistic.

That's when people over 25 start paying taxes and voting Republican.

Some people never take their heads out of the clouds...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
C'mon!  I liked Chapelle's Show!

What did the five fingers say to the face?!

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Interesting,  

Check this out:

But with no way to return to the devastated city, she asked Minnesota State to let her in this fall, though she had only recently been notified that the school had received her application.

Yusuf not only got in, but the school raised money for her to drive to Minnesota, and a faculty member found a place for her to live.

and this:

"Everywhere I go, my Louisiana plates are on my car and people everywhere are asking, 'Do you need anything?'" she said. "People at the grocery store are saying, 'Do you want anything out of our basket?'"

and there is some more:

Yusuf had been recruited by Michael Fagin, the university's dean for Institutional Diversity. The chairman of the speech communications department asked officials to review Yusuf's application right away, and she was admitted.

The school then raised money from administrators, teachers and secretaries so that Yusuf, who had $45 in her pocket, could drive from Houston to Mankato. And Fagin, who owns several rental properties in town, gave her one of his vacant apartments and found furnishings for it.

It just goes to show that people will bitch and complain no matter what is done for them

Pretty sad I say, now send her  lard ass back to New Orleans
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It just goes to show that people will bitch and complain no matter what is done for them

Pretty sad I say, now send her  lard ass back to New Orleans

And make her pay for the trip this time!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#16]
She's really taking a beating on the comments page.  We'll see if my comments get posted...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I graduated from MSU in 2000.  when i was there, i NEVER heard anyone, including crackers say "nigga/nigger" in public.  i don't know where she is hanging out down there, but it wasn't like that 5 years ago and i find it hard to believe its like that today.

Craig
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#18]
That was so touching I decided to free my slaves......

Oh yea, I don't have slaves.  

Dumbass.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:41:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

what an ungreatfull BITCH.  nothing like biting the hand that feeds you.

why did the college let that outlandish story get posted in the first place?

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:24:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Get of the cross, we need the wood
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:17:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
She's really taking a beating on the comments page.  We'll see if my comments get posted...

I can only think about the comments that are not getting posted.  Mine was not bad at all but it still was not put up, so the "Real Bad" comments don't even hit the site.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:19:10 AM EDT
[#22]
I posted will see what happens.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:19:33 AM EDT
[#23]
God help us if she had been in St. Cloud at SCSU!  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:29:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I graduated from MSU in 2000.  when i was there, i NEVER heard anyone, including crackers say "nigga/nigger" in public.  Craig

Damn it, Craig!  You can't say Cracka unless you are a Cracka!  Or is it the other way around?  I gotta read that article again.  This is confusing...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:32:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Damn it, Craig!  You can't say Cracka unless you are a Cracka!  Or is it the other way around?  I gotta read that article again.  This is confusing...

ha ha ha
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:32:56 AM EDT
[#26]
You guys are all crackers and honkeys it is my term of enderment to you guys.  WTF  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:46:18 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
You guys are all crackers and honkeys it is my term of enderment to you guys.  WTF  

Fo shizzle my honky nizzle!

(Sorry, I don't know what that means but if I just said someting bad about your Mom I take it back!  I don't want to get shot by a Glizak)
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#29]
nah, i think i can say cracker, cause it's for me and my white ass.  wait, wait, wait, if cracker is derogatory, can i call myself bad names?  if i'm racist to myself, am i a racist?  dude, i don't understand these rules, i'm getting lost.  can i call myself a cracker if i'm eating crackers?  what if i think you are flaky, crackers are flaky, maybe i'm just associating your personality to a flaky ass cracker.

i think i need to go to my HR at work and schedule some sensitivity training.  i may have upset myself.....
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
nah, i think i can say cracker, cause it's for me and my white ass.  wait, wait, wait, if cracker is derogatory, can i call myself bad names?  if i'm racist to myself, am i a racist?  dude, i don't understand these rules, i'm getting lost.  can i call myself a cracker if i'm eating crackers?  what if i think you are flaky, crackers are flaky, maybe i'm just associating your personality to a flaky ass cracker.

i think i need to go to my HR at work and schedule some sensitivity training.  i may have upset myself.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  thanks for the laugh, i needed it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:22:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I posted will see what happens.

+1
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:05:45 AM EDT
[#32]
I am currently going to Mankato state, the newspaper there is a POS all the time they write crap that isn't ture or just wrong.  I stopped reading it after my freshmen year because I was tired of beating my head against the wall. anyway this chick is nuts. oh crap is it ok if I say chick or is that a bad word to.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:56:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
... oh crap is it ok if I say chick or is that a bad word to.

It's not ok to call broads chicks.  The bimbos hate that.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

[chris rock]

Women, bitches, hos, you know;  people with pussies!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top