Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2005 8:42:02 AM EDT
Oh boy...my hats off to those that deal out of a store.

I was in a gunstore and the guy behind the counter was having a "discussion" with a customer. (the name of the store shall remain nameless)

The patron, if you will, had in mind to go with either a Ruger Mini-14 or an AR-15 (I think it was a Bushmaster...not sure) and the sales guy was trying to tell him that the both shoot the same round.
(.223/5.56, as you all know so well)

The clerk is being a saint about all of this. Again,  the patron is trying to correct him and yelling over him.

The clerk offers to load a snap cap into each one to prove to the customer that they can both chamber the same round. Patron wants nothing to do with it.

The clerk is not gunning for a sale, so to speak, but, just trying to get the patron to "piss or get off the pot".

Finally, the patron ends the discussion and walks away. Comes back after looking around other parts of the store, has cooled down a bit, sees a different sales guy and buys the Ruger. He didn't have a permit-to-purchase-evil-nasty-rifles-or-revolvers, so, he bought what he was allowed.

Moral of the story? none really, just thought everyone would get a kick out of someone having a hissy fit in a store where guns are sold.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
you must have been at Sportsmans Warehouse
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll bet it was Bill's in Robbinsdale, and the patron's native language was not English.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#3]
SW staffersare perfect examples of providing disinformation!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:25:53 AM EDT
[#4]
It sounds like a gunshow transaction.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:47:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds more like the worst way to buy.   Sheesh, glad he didn't want to be adamant about buying a glock 9.  "This says glock 17, and this one says glock 19, I want a glock 9!"
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:00:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, but that Glock 9 costs more than he makes in a month...
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#7]
You must mean the Glock 7, y'know the porcelain one.  This guy want a glock 9, y'know, like fiddy cent has.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:39:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got a Glock Fizzifty.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#9]
ALL the good crack dealers cary plastic!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top