Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2005 10:49:00 PM EDT
I'm going to be trying to kill the few grouse left in your state this weekend.  If it flies it dies.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:02:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You and me both.  Hell, if it doesn't fly, it's just a well disciplined grouse.  It still dies.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:04:56 AM EDT
[#2]
After shooting a lot of deer over by Balsam Lake, you can have a few grouse. Wisconsin does have great deer hunting.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
After shooting a lot of deer over by Balsam Lake, you can have a few grouse. Wisconsin does have great deer hunting.

Leave my deer alone!  I have never shot one..I've only seen 1 or 2 while deer hunting!  Hopefully this year I will at least see a few more and maybe even get a shot off.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Good luck..Wisconsin is loaded with deer, should be no problem for you...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Good luck..Wisconsin is loaded with deer, should be no problem for you...

I can't sit still long enough..I start getting really antsy and have to go walk around.  That's why I like grouse hunting better.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I hunt near Balsam Lake myself. Been using my trusty 30-30 but seriously thinking about using the Rock River this year. That place is loaded with deer.  I counted over 40 driving from the farm to hwy 8 one time last fall.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hunt near Balsam Lake myself. Been using my trusty 30-30 but seriously thinking about using the Rock River this year. That place is loaded with deer.  I counted over 40 driving from the farm to hwy 8 one time last fall.

it sure is loaded with deer around that area....the farthest shot I took with my 308 was around 80 yards, and the closest was with my 375 JDJ handgun at 35 yards....most deer I shot were in the 35-45 yard range ....
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#8]
So did anyone get any grouse?  We only saw one, and we spent all day in the woods.  I wasnt even able to get a shot off
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Hunted all morning in MN and didn't even flush one.  Went back to WI and my buddy flushed one.  Heading back up to MN in the morning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top