Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 9:44:00 AM EDT

How long does it take for MN to process a new DL?

I did the application, tests, etc about 3 weeks ago..the yellow receipt they gave me says on it it's only good for 30 days or until receipt of the plastic card...I called today to ask what the holdup was, and the woman told me they were only at the first week of August in terms of processing things.

Is there some kind of time limit that they have to get the DL out for, or something?

I'm dyin here..I can't get my domains moved over without a valid DL, I can't get a permit to purchase without a valid DL, etc...I haven't bought a new toy in over a month! I'm freakin out over here!

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Settle down buddy, you will have your new MN DL by the time of the Sep 25th shoot
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I got mine exactly two whole weeks after I renewed for my 25th birthday.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Settle down buddy, you will have your new MN DL by the time of the Sep 25th shoot

I hope so!

But it probably still won't give me enough time to fill out the permit to purchase and get it back

I just called 'em to see if they could at least hook me up with my DL number as they didn't have that on the form...turns out they can't even give me the number until the app is in the computer, and it's not in the computer yet.  Ah well.

At least I can pre-fill out the CCW and PTP forms now, and the second I get my DL, send 'em off

(I guess I should sign up for one of the CCW classes, huh...)
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually, which reminds me - Is there a CCW class around the twin cities that won't take all day to run a course? When I was in NY I did the handgun training there for the permit (just never had the time to run around with a notary and corner 4 people to write testemonials for me)...it'd be cool to do the legal aspect of things, and a basic handgun familiarziation thing again (can't hurt), but I really don't want to spend a couple hours discussing the philosophy of carrying, avoiding a conflict, etc. Unless, of course, it's actually required

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Take the Sept 24th Defensive Edge Handgun 1 course.  It is only a little bit about carrying and alot of good shooting practice.

Hmm Sully wants your good guy check though,  I'm not sure man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top