Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 4:00:29 PM EDT
Do I need to apply for this before I purchase?  Can it be filled out at the time of transfer?

Please let me know what I need to get done before I can purchase a handgun.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to visit with the local PD, or in unincorporated areas the SO to get a permit to purchase a handgun or assault rifle.  A CHP works too, but neither allows for skipping NCIS check.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Do I need to apply for this before I purchase?  Can it be filled out at the time of transfer?

Please let me know what I need to get done before I can purchase a handgun.

You do not need to apply before you purchase; however, the FFL you make your purchase with will make  you fill out the same form, and you will have to wait for it to be approved before you can take your new goodies home. The permit is free of charge and avalible from your local police chief or sherriff, depending on if you live in the city limits or not. I think they have to approve, or deny you within 5 business days, not sure on that one though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I got one last year and it was very easy and painless.  It makes is so you don't have to wait 5 to 10 days to pick up your handgun.  With my Permit to Carry a Handgun no need to any longer.

Go do it because it will make it easier down the line not having to wait to bring home a handgun...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Go do it because it will make it easier down the line not having to wait to bring home a dozen   handguns...

Fixed it for ya!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Alright I picked it up at the local Sheriff's Dep.

At the top is says "Check Permit Type" "Purchase" or "Transfer" and "Check Type" "New" or "Renewal".  I would check the "New" correct?

Any other things I should know while filling this out?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go do it because it will make it easier down the line not having to wait to bring home a dozen   handguns...

Fixed it for ya!

Thats what I ment!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Alright I picked it up at the local Sheriff's Dep.

At the top is says "Check Permit Type" "Purchase" or "Transfer" and "Check Type" "New" or "Renewal".  I would check the "New" correct?

Any other things I should know while filling this out?

Choose Purchase and New and your good to go!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Conerning the "Dealer Information" do I need to do anything with this?  I haven't actually found a gun I want or intend to have transferred so I don't need any dealer for a transfer yet.  Should I just leave this blank?  

Or should I have the dealer fill this out when its time to transfer a handgun and then bring it to the Sheriff's Dept and then wait for it to clear.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Conerning the "Dealer Information" do I need to do anything with this?  I haven't actually found a gun I want or intend to have transferred so I don't need any dealer for a transfer yet.  Should I just leave this blank?  

Or should I have the dealer fill this out when its time to transfer a handgun and then bring it to the Sheriff's Dept and then wait for it to clear.

leave it blank
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top