Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 9:57:20 AM EDT

Anyone up for doing some kind of weekly handgun shoots at Bills down in Robbinsdale?

I usually head over there Sunday mornings/afternoons (around noon-ish or so; depends on when I come to, etc)...it's not crowded, the dork population isn't there, and it's a lot more pleasureable an experience than it is on a Saturday. It also affords me drool time at some of the glass cases upstairs.

No competition or anything (unless we wanna do something informal), just hang out, get some practice in, give an excuse to open up that bottle of Hoppes and inhale when you get home, etc...

Anyone up for a standing engagement like that? I'm already doing it anyway, so..

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
You  need some Slip 2000 for gun cleaning, less liver damage!  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm usually there on Tuesday nights, but would try and make it in on a Sunday afternoon, late morning.  FYI, when the snow starts to fly, that will be a very crowded place on a weekend.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You  need some Slip 2000 for gun cleaning, less liver damage!  

My liver gets a workout constantly...Mr. Beer keeps the exersizes going for me Also, when I clean, I always wear latex doctor's gloves...ever since I was little. I figured if it'll strip carbon..and I'm a carbon-based life form..well, it couldn't be good

mcnielson, Tuesday evenings?  That works out for me as well...generally I'm out of work around 4:30 or so, and while it's not exactily on the way home, it's not exactily horribly way out of the way of getting home, either.

Yah, I can hook up with ya next week, if you don't mind the company

So, Sunday will be crowded as well? Crap...I really need to find a local place around here *sigh*

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The Slip 2K line had a carbon cutter that works great on AR bolts!  It works great on revolver cylinders.  Best of all do not have to worry about spraying in the eyes, and is poly frame friendly!  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Just a heads up.

Bill's is having their Fall Shooters Show this Saturday and Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey, dont be picking on the "dork" population
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:53:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
mcnielson, mcnielsen Tuesday evenings?  

Fixed it for ya, and see you next week!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:08:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
mcnielson, mcnielsen Tuesday evenings?  

Fixed it for ya, and see you next week!

Just be glad I ignored "i before e, except after c"

I'll also probably be hitting up the show sometime this weekend...anyone else going?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:01:54 PM EDT
[#9]
The show is worth checking out. I will stop by at some point.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:10:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm gonna try to head out there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I tend to like Bills North over Robbinsdale. I've never seen it crowded, and it's a longer range.

I'll be up there this Saturday with my Gov't model.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep, Saturday I plan on hitting up the show...if it's horribly crowded I'll push it back to Sunday.

Went to Armored Fire once, a couple years ago...I aughta head out there and see what Bill's has done to the place.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:00:08 AM EDT
[#13]
John and the boys have done a great  on AF.  They've opened it up, gotten some light in there, improved staff and they let you shoot on the police range.  Too bad it is farther from my house.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:16:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I like the improved shop and lighting conditions, but they need to really think about the ac/heat situation.  The air exchangers are working so hard all the time that the range can be unbearable sometimes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top