Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 7:46:14 AM EDT

Anyone know if there's a local (twin cities area, a bit outside of it works too) store that sells/stocks gun parts, like 1911 extractors, ejectors, barrels, etc?

Or am I SOL and need to order from Brownell's...

Just thought I'd ask...would rather drive to pick up some parts than place an order and have to wait a few agonizing days.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Armored Fire used to carry all the Wilson 1911 parts. I'm not sure since the changeover to Bill's North, but it might be worth a call.

(763) 792-GUNS
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#3]
EE, LMK if you need any AR15 parts.  I have spares if you need them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Right now I need (well...ok, really want) to get this 1911 running to the point where I would carry it without hesisitation...it's taking some tweaking (kinda expected on a 50+ year old piece)...

I haven't even gotten into modding my AR's yet

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Ahlman guns in Morristown is a large supplier of gun parts. They are also a warranty repair station for many manufacturers. Web site is www.ahlmans.com   Morristown is 10 miles west of Faribault on Hwy 60. Per website "Largest source of gun parts in the upper midwest."

Rick in MN
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want to get a 1911 running to where you would trust it with your life, my suggestion is to take it to Randy at Territorial Gunsmiths (952-931-9451). Have him give it a tune up and know everything is done right. 1911 extractors can be a pain to tune without the correct tools.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top