Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2005 5:41:49 AM EDT
First things first, I'm not trying to buy or sell anything (so I don't think there's a need to move or delete my post).  However, sometime in the future I plan to buy an AK (probably a WASR-10, as I am a poor student).  My experience with and knowledge of firearms is pretty limited, so I thought it might be a good idea to meet with someone to get a better idea of what I'm dealing with before I spend my hard-earned cash.  If anyone has an AK and would be willing to help a newbie get familiarized with it, let me know.  I live near White Bear Lake, but I can drive around a bit.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:33:11 AM EDT
[#1]
No problem, man.  I'm happy to help.  Since most indoor ranges don't let you shoot steel-cased ammo, it's outdoor ranges only.  Why don't you come up to princeton in a couple of weeks for the 9-10 shoot?  I'll have my AK as will several others, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:34:05 AM EDT
[#2]
You won't have a problem finding a few MN arfcommers to help you out at our local shoots. Everyone tends to be extremely generous with their stuff when it comes to letting other people try it.
And there are quite a few AKs out there
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No problem, man.  I'm happy to help.  Since most indoor ranges don't let you shoot steel-cased ammo, it's outdoor ranges only.  Why don't you come up to princeton in a couple of weeks for the 9-10 shoot?  I'll have my AK as will several others, I'm sure.

+1 Next shoot I'll be bringing an AK or two with me as well...

If y'all are especially nice to me, I'll even bring bullets

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Princeton sounds like fun, but I'll need to find a ride 'cause my car is only insured through the end of August.  Maybe I can talk my brother into going....When are people going to be out there?  Is it an all-day event, or just during a specific time?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe it will start around 11 or noon and last until the last of the Tannerite is gone...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:02:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I always bring a couple of AK's to the shoots
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Spend some time on the AK side of ar.com.  You can pick up a lot of good knowledge there.  If still confused, call me at work 763-533-9594 x3 and ask for Mitch.  We need more comy gun lovers in this comy..I mean liberal state.

Brick    
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:18:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Spend some time on the AK side of ar.com.  You can pick up a lot of good knowledge there.

That's how I've learned what I know so far.  Now I'm looking for some first-hand knowledge, maybe fire off a few rounds, that sort of thing.  If you'd be willing to let a kid ask a bunch of dumb questions and grope your AK, I'd much appreciate it...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:12:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Spend some time on the AK side of ar.com.  You can pick up a lot of good knowledge there.

That's how I've learned what I know so far.  Now I'm looking for some first-hand knowledge, maybe fire off a few rounds, that sort of thing.  If you'd be willing to let a kid ask a bunch of dumb questions and grope your AK, I'd much appreciate it...

I have an SSR85B I am going to, if I get to go, bring to the shoot with me.  You are welcome try it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top