Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 5:28:30 AM EDT
People that doen't listen to anyone!

Stupid guy at the Gunstop last night, too long of story to go into.  Basically he looked at me like "youre 30 something, I'm mid 40's, why would I want to listen to you?"

What's funny was what I was trying to tell him, was the USED handgun he was buying (because somebody told him too, he had no clue), was affected by a barrel recall!  That's information I'd want to know if I was buying a gun!  Also I was going to tell him (but I was already snubbed) that Gunstop was selling factory mags for said handgun at $12 and $16 a piece cheaper than you can get them for on-line!  (I bought two!).  

WHAT AN ASSHAT!!!

Carry on.

ETA: The guy had already paid for the gun (I wasn't about to loose a sale for Howard).  I was going to give the guy the contact info to Kahr to get his barrel replaced for FREE!  A new barrel on his used gun, for FREE, sounds like a good deal to me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:45:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Kory,
Sometimes you wonder why even try?  The fellow probably is going to go home an never shoot the thing!  There are a lot of people that are arm chair shooters in the world.  A lot are Howards customers, as evidenced by a guy who bought the Barrett 6.8SPC and returned it two days later!  I mean I know some like Fed Gunner has the ultimate source for ammo, and other like Death does his best to keep Wolf flowing into the states, but it is fun to sit and watch people walk to the back of the GS and miss the important part, the reloading supplies.  When John makes a sale, it is usually for bullets by the box IE 500 45cal 230gr Rainers, or some qty of bullets.  But, I see people buy guns in there and no buy ammo!  Howard has great prices on ammo, ie BHA Match 175gr 308 for 15 bucks or so!  The other BHA blue box is not badly priced, either.  

Revel in what you know!  If you are rebuffed, screw them, you tried, and they failed to get informed!

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:07:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Still, doesn't it just piss you off that your trying to help someone (and I was intentionally trying NOT to come off as some armchair know-it-all, I really wanted to just help), and they are a complete asshat?

Here's some of the funny parts this guy did:
- Asked to see "A Kahr"
- Howard took one of two Kahr PM9's out, and the guy said "I'll take it" (didn't even touch it!)
- the guy said "I shot my buddies last night, and this is what I want." (after probably 6 rounds?)
- the guy said he "just applied for his carry permit this morning."  (Ok, I'm scared!)
- Howard said you can get your purchase permit in a week, or wait 30(ish) days for the carry permit (obviously trying to push the guy toward the purchase permit option) and the guy would't hear it.
- The guy didn't even want to see the other used Kahr!  Just wanted to buy the first one Howard took out?
- the guy paid in full, and now will have to wait 30 days or more to pick it up.  He could have gone today and applied for a purchase permit as well, and had the Kahr in a week?

For what it's worth, the one the guy bought WAS the nicer of the two (nightsights only difference) and the prices on both were very nice (around $450-$475 I think).  And in his defense, the guy didn't know that I have DAILY experience **hint, hint** with a Kahr PM9, but it should've been obvious me standing there, next in line, with two Kahr mags for purchase?  Also my Kahr barrel was recalled, and I had all the contact info, that he will need!

Anybody else deal with retards that just won't listen?

ps. I did stop and give John a bunch of money on the way out!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:35:31 AM EDT
[#3]
K
I offer help when asked, and I tell people the best I can!  I am biased in some respects!  I think that my experiences are valid! I know what works, and what does not!  I shoot!  And, I shoot a lot! I hit what I am aiming at.  One always has to remember that people will always remember the negative!  Never the positive,  IE people pooping on DPMS.  My two uppers shoot great!  And, the one problem Dustin took care of in a matter of a day or so!  They are greats supporters of shooting sports.  
People will praise Colt, and stuff but you do not hear the good stuff.  And, boy it is fun to watch people talk AR's in the GS.  Colt this and Colt that!  Who freaking cares!  I sure as all hell do not!  I like my RRA , DPMS, and my Superior Arms lower parts gun!  I shoot my guns, and I never look on them as investment!

It is like this guy that I have had problems with at DCGC.  I refer to him as the Range Nazi!  Anyways, John and the Range Nazi were engage in the most pathetic conversation I ever heard of.  I mean who freaking cares about bronze bristle brushes?  Care for your barrels as you wish!

It takes all kinds!  

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:43:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Good call.  I usually only help when ask, and otherwise keep to myself.  I guess it's my fault that this guy got me worked up (I was calm at GS, but the more I thought about it after I left it bugged me).  I think what bothers me most is that this guy is going to CCW, and doesn't care about his weapon at all!  If he doesn't care about his weapon, what does he care about?  Training?  The law?  My safety?  I doubt it!

You're right though, take all kinds.

But eitherway, I vented, I feel better, and now I'll stick to watching my own 6, well, I'll cover your guys' too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:46:21 AM EDT
[#5]
For $475, he should have bought a Glizzack!

K, the more I go through life, the more I learn that some people just won't listen.  As a mortgage broker, I have presented deals to people where I would have saved them LITERALLY $1000 per month on their payments and they weren't interested. because of this, that or the other.

WHAT AN ASSHAT!!!

You said it, my friend!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:54:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
For $475, he should have bought a Glizzack!

Everyone knows Glizzack's are the Shiznit!  Foshizzle my Nizzle

M- But his friend, who must have been the Dali Llama of the gun world had a Kahr and this guy shot it once, so it has to be the right one for him?  Jeez, don't know know anything, it's about keeping up with the Jones', It's got nothing to do with practice, competence, and personal preferences!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:36:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

M- But his friend, who must have been the Dali Llama of the gun world had a Kahr and this guy shot it once, so it has to be the right one for him?  Jeez, don't know know anything, it's about keeping up with the Jones', It's got nothing to do with practice, competence, and personal preferences!

He should have got a tec-9.  At least it's heavier when you throw it at someone...
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey, I like my Kahr!  I mean, it's no Beretta pocket clunker or anything, but no need to compare it to a tech 9!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I found it odd that he did not even touch it when I laid the two out there for him. He did not even care what was in the box. He did not want to get a Purchase permit because he did not want to do the paperwork. Some peoples kids.

But hey we get a free loan from him. I think it was $500

I will miss Gunstop while I am in Iraq.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I found it odd that he did not even touch it when I laid the two out there for him. He did not even care what was in the box. He did not want to get a Purchase permit because he did not want to do the paperwork. Some peoples kids.

But hey we get a free loan from him. I think it was $500

I will miss Gunstop while I am in Iraq.

Hey Cool, I didn't know you hang out here!  At least it shows I'm not crazy!  I guess I didn't see that you laid both of them out there.  I thought I saw Howard take the first one out, and then the guy was ready to fill out paperwork without even handling it?

My moms husband was with me (he bought the Ruger GP100 last night) he too thought the guy was weird.  But he was too busy talking about his new revolver all the way home!  He went in thinking he was going to buy a Vaquero, but I knew he was wavering when he got there and started looking around.

Thanks for the good deal on the Kahr mags!  For the record I think the Kahr is a great piece (I've owned more than one), it just seemed like that guy had no clue what he was buying, nor did he really care.

Good luck in Iraq, come home safe!  I was put on stop-loss in the active duty Army shortly after 9/11.  I didn't get over to Iraq or Afgahnistan though.  They kept me in the states training imobilized guard units.  I spent an extra year and a half in because of the stoploss (just shy of 7 years total).
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#11]
R,
Godspeed!  Safe Passage!  Most of all, do not get caught bringing back that Barret 50cal, !  Then again maybe you could find some SF pukes with some 6.8SPC brass you could scavenge?  That is what is good about R selling guns is that he is a shooter!  And, most of the morons at everyone else at other gun shops are weanies! Howard and Company Rock!  Plus there is you to harass!  Now, come to think of it with you gone, Saturdays will not be as fun!  Although, Larry putting the box on top of Cody is a bit much!

K,
People will do as they please!  I mean a guy from work, really believes his money is well spent taking CCW class from guy who is a full time carpenter!  I kid you not!  I just shake my head!  I told him where to go!  But, he will not listen!  I mean it makes no difference one a person makes their mind up! I mean look at reality.  Some times silence is the better part of valor!   The guy should have bought a 9mm Kahr, cheaper ammo!  You still are traitor K!  I mean going Austrian after having an HK! You ought to be ashamed!

Take care!

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:15:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:47:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Thank everyone.

No sir that is not a 50cal rifle in my bag, nor it that a AT4. I will have to send out a React team to police call up all the 6.8 brass that SF leaves. Can't let haji have it

I wounder if cody will still be alive when I get back.

R
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I can certainly see the appeal of buying a new gun versus used.
(used gun = new problems in some deals)

Was it the fit/finish/color/sights that had him hooked? Don't know...wasn't there.

Howie has had some rather interesting clients in the past. He tells some wonderful stories.
(working in sales, I could recount several myself...back40 can attest to that)

But, in the end, its the customers money, its their choice. (as long as its legal)

What scares you more, the fact that he is getting a permit to carry, or that he may be rasing kids one day?

An idiot with a gun is more than likely to just hurt themselvs. With kids, that idiot will will be an episode of "Jerry Springer" in the making.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top