Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 11:27:33 AM EDT
It looks like this just started on August 3rd.  Tuesdays from 5-8 PM.

[reading from flyer]

*work from the holster
*Practice drawing from concealment
*Conduct realistic basic tactical drills
*Practice your reloading skills
*Coaching from our professional instructors

Cost is $25

So, who's going?  I think I'll check it out.  It's a good way to stay in practice!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:59:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I still do not think they are ready for the D.E. alumni. They would shit thier pants with us down there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:41:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll check it out for sure and post my report.

FWIW, I was doing some tac reloads there yesterday and no one seemed to mind.  They generally let people do whatever so long as they seem to know what they are doing.  Plus, it's good to know the range officer!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:50:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I am working at that time, but it sounds like a good chance for some to get to the range and practice. The more range time the better. Let us know what you find out.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I met Len up at Bill's North in May!  He seems like a nice guy!  He seemed down to earth!  If he is teaching it might be good!  At least there would be no Fritz Factor to deal with indoors?  Just kidding Fritz and Sully!  Honestly you guys are great!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I had forgotten all about it, thanks for reminding me.  I shoot in a couple other leauges in the winter up there. Do you know if they are about an hour like the others they have?  I am going to have to check it out.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I still do not think they are ready for the D.E. alumni. They would shit thier pants with us down there.

good one,...LOL
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Like you would have any idea jem

Anyway, I met Len before as well.  His doctrine is a little "old school" for me, but he seemed like a decent guy. It's just cool that a local range offers this kind of oportunity. They all should IMHO. It would be nice to practice holster work more often closer to the metro. Can't hurt to check it out.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:26:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Like you would have any idea jem

Anyway, I met Len before as well.  His doctrine is a little "old school" for me, but he seemed like a decent guy. It's just cool that a local range offers this kind of oportunity. They all should IMHO. It would be nice to practice holster work more often closer to the metro. Can't hurt to check it out.

thought he was being funny, didn't think he was really serious....
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:14:22 AM EDT
[#9]
He was being both jocular and truthful in the same statement. Even on "Tactical Tuesdays" there are elements to defensive shooting that they are not likely to let people practice. Any attempt to allow people to develop these types of skills is a step in the right direction however.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
He was being both jocular and truthful in the same statement. Even on "Tactical Tuesdays" there are elements to defensive shooting that they are not likely to let people practice. Any attempt to allow people to develop these types of skills is a step in the right direction however.

yeah, bet they would be climbing walls and ceilings to get away from all that crap on the floor..LOL....
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Bored again jem? I figured it was just a matter of time before you started trolling again. People here are entitled to have discussions about things you don't like, aren't interested in, or just plain have no clue about, without your interference. You are entirely entitled to your own opinion, but at least be constructive about it. If it does not advance the discussion in the way the thread subject intended than keep it to yourself.
Can we keep this thread on track please?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Bored again jem? I figured it was just a matter of time before you started trolling again. People here are entitled to have discussions about things you don't like, aren't interested in, or just plain have no clue about, without your interference. You are entirely entitled to your own opinion, but at least be constructive about it. If it does not advance the discussion in the way the thread subject intended than keep it to yourself.
Can we keep this thread on track please?

trolling???...all I did was make a funny line like I thought old 451 did....and here you come again....problem is, you think you think you have to act like the moderator and tell everyone how to think.....I am entitled to my opinion just as you are always spouting yours......you don't have to answer any post you don't like....
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:37:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, bet they would be climbing walls and ceilings to get away from all that crap on the floor..LOL....

So is it my understanding that Defensive Edge techniques are "CRAP ON THE FLOOR"?  Since when is (to name a few techniques that come to mind) dealing with startle reflex, communication, moving off the line of attack and keep moving, firing, accessing, scanning,  tactical reloading, communication, and team reloading CRAP?  Interesting...

CY6,
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
Chief Instructor
TheDefensiveEdge.com        

Sully, just making a joke like 451 did, I thought, until you know who decided to jump in.....
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It looks like this just started on August 3rd.  Tuesdays from 5-8 PM.

[reading from flyer]

*work from the holster
*Practice drawing from concealment
*Conduct realistic basic tactical drills
*Practice your reloading skills
*Coaching from our professional instructors

Cost is $25

So, who's going?  I think I'll check it out.  It's a good way to stay in practice!

sorry about your thread getting a little off-centered.....it doesn't take much for the clique to get going on a different subject.....
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Uh, yeah, so anyway... anyone heading over there tomorrow?  5pm-8pm is the time.  I'll try and make it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:14:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I hope to make it if traffic cooperates.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
trolling???...all I did was make a funny line like I thought old 451 did....and here you come again....problem is, you think you think you have to act like the moderator and tell everyone how to think.....I am entitled to my opinion just as you are always spouting yours......you don't have to answer any post you don't like....

Yes trolling... Posting with the intent of disrupting the thread is trolling. 451's post was directed to mcnielsen, who has the knowledge to understand where he is coming from with his comment. Yours was meant to irritate other members here and amuse yourself. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, but you could at least post something that has the substance to forward the discussion of the subject matter. The main reason I bother responding to your posts, is huge amount of encouragement I get from other MN arfcommers who are fed up with your nonsense. At shoots, in IMs and email, people are sick of it.

Sorry mcnielsen for letting it get off subject. I will let it go now
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Uh, yeah, so anyway... anyone heading over there tomorrow?  5pm-8pm is the time.  I'll try and make it.

Wish I could make it but I have to work Please give a detailed report of what it was all about.  I am very curious about this. It would be great to have someplace to practice this stuff during the winter months. It is good to practice outside in the cold as well, but not all the time
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes trolling... Posting with the intent of disrupting the thread is trolling. 451's post was directed to mcnielsen, who has the knowledge to understand where he is coming from with his comment. Yours was meant to irritate other members here and amuse yourself. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, but you could at least post something that has the substance to forward the discussion of the subject matter. The main reason I bother responding to your posts, is huge amount of encouragement I get from other MN arfcommers who are fed up with your nonsense. At shoots, in IMs and email, people are sick of it.

Sorry mcnielsen for letting it get off subject. I will let it go now

I'm at all the major gunshows............black hat with red,white, and blue NRA letters......by the way, I thought the moderator wrote to take it easy but I see you had to get in the last word.....also, I get IM's and emails from people who think you are an over-bearing ....... also...last post from me Moderator....
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#24]
I went to Tactical Tuesday tonight and it was a pretty good class.  Lasted about 3 hours with people at varying levels.  There were quite a few different drills to try and the instructor was open for things we wanted to work on too.  I had a good time and got lots of good practice. I'm planning on going back.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:55:25 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Hey mcnielsen, did you make it out as well?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#26]
I could not make it.  I had something come up I had to stick around home for.  I'll probably make it out next week though.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:04:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Cool. It sounds pretty good from Alreadyhere's description.
It would be nice to hear if any of the stuff we practice at class would be allowed at TT events at Bill's. I'm guessing movement shooting is out, and they may not be to keen on one-handed techniques. It would just be good to have an idea of what they would and would not allow.
Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#28]
I am packing stuff up for tonight. I wanted to comment on QuinlanV's post.  We did do some movement shooting last week. At least as far as turning and shooting at multiple targets behind us. There was no reason you could not have shot one handed if you wanted to. He asked me when I first came in if there was anything that I wanted to work on so he seems open to ideas. None of us seemed too advanced so I suppose he would not want something too difficult.  My son is a new carry permit holder so I would like to see him work on drawing from concealment and some weak hand shooting so I probably will suggest that.  The class is fairly new so it will probably ramp up as skills develop.  I should mention that we are shooting from down on the floor out in the shooting bay so don't wear anything you don't want to get dirty. It is also fairly warm down there too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#29]
I will be there tonight.  See you in a couple of hours!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Turns and pivots are good stuff to practice, it's not movement shooting exactly but definately worth practicing. I am sure they would have no problem with one handed shooting, it's one- handed reloads and malfunction clearing that I am wondering about.
Glad to hear you guys are working from concealment. Quite a few permit holders don't practice this enough. Good job getting out there and keeping up your skills!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top