Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2005 8:00:27 AM EDT
Was at Gunstop this weekend and saw 200 rnds of Remington 6.8spc ammo is avilable.

Also a Barrett M468 with 2 boxes of ammo.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:43:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I have to get out to Gunstop, haven't been there since they moved......
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, which ammo is it?

Quoted:
Was at Gunstop this weekend and saw 200 rnds of Remington 6.8spc ammo is avilable.

Also a Barrett M468 with 2 boxes of ammo.

Link Posted: 5/16/2005 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Are there any other uppsers besides bhe Barrets chambered for 6.8?

I see the posiblities with the 6.8, but, I'm really not all that fired up to part with my money for it....yet..time will tell.

When Lee comes out with $20 die sets for it, I'll look a little closer.

On a similar note, who here actually has one of the new .308 AR type rifles?
I have been offered a good deal on  a G3 and FN-FAL, but, would rather put money down on an M1A or AR.
(I like the fact that Bushy makes one that uses standard FAL mags)

Sorry for the sidetracj
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 3:56:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
On a similar note, who here actually has one of the new .308 AR type rifles?

I have an AR-10 (Armalite) and I love it! She is all Factory right now but I have some plans for it real soon...
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#5]
It is R68R1 Remington Express 115 Open Tip Match.

DPMS is making complete uppers but I think there is a wait for one.

Jon Has Redding 6.8 dies onhand last time I looked.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Midway lists the DPMS uppers
Product #: 375670
Manufacturer #: BA-AP468  
Our Price: $588.99
DPMS 6.8 SPC Upper
The mags look to be spendy for sure.  I know at the last MWCA show they have PRI mags on the DPMS table in April.

It sure is spendy way to get the newest cart. on the market!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:10:19 AM EDT
[#7]
There is an article in this month's Combat Arms Magazine about the 6.8.  Very interesting.  The main drawbacks as I see them and as the article states is the changeover of all the equipment supplied to troops (ie: mags and uppers) as well as the availability of ammo.

If you could make a round that had the same case size and length as a 5.56, with a larger bullet size and similar MV, that would be a good invention, IMO.

Fedgunner, get those Ammo lackeys at ATK to research something!

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There is an article in this month's Combat Arms Magazine about the 6.8.  Very interesting.  The main drawbacks as I see them and as the article states is the changeover of all the equipment supplied to troops (ie: mags and uppers) as well as the availability of ammo.

If you could make a round that had the same case size and length as a 5.56, with a larger bullet size and similar MV, that would be a good invention, IMO.

Fedgunner, get those Ammo lackeys at ATK to research something!

Yeah, get on it ammo bitch!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top