Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2005 7:09:45 PM EDT
I used to shoot on my dad's farm, and at the Del-Tone range, up by St. Cloud, but last year moved down to Burnsville for a job.  The centerfire rifles have been in the closet since then, and only the rimfires get a workout at the Burnsville Pistol Range.  I'm looking for a decent range that offers at least a 50 and 100 yd berm for my centerfires as well as my rimfires.  Anyone have some suggestions?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
deleted
Link Posted: 4/26/2005 5:03:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out the Richfield VFW range down in Elko.  You'll need some military background somewhere in your family to qualify for membership.
Link Posted: 4/26/2005 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#3]
From what I read here I thought Del-Tone was the only range in the state.
Link Posted: 4/26/2005 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Public Ranges are few and far between for the most part.  And, some have membership waiting lists.  Like Gopher at Harris, Minnetonka Sportsman in Mound,  Minnetonka Game and Fish at St. Francis, Oakdale at times seems to have a waiting list.  Some places just cap the membership numbers way low.  Moon Valley closed last summer.  And, Oakdale only has open shooting on the weekends.  So there is not much in the metro.

Do not know much about the club out in Waconia?  There is the one out in Hutch?
Link Posted: 4/26/2005 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Roger & co expect to break ground soon on their new 50yd indoor rlanes at BV Pistol Range.  It's supposed to be open this August.  Not outdoor, but better than a sharp stick in the eye...

Erud
Link Posted: 4/26/2005 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Back40, I think I know the range you're talking about, I was reading their website yesterday but thought I didn't qualify as I and my dad have no military background.  However, my grandfather was a WWII vet, would that be good enough?

Sigh, the more I look, the more it looks like I didn't realize how good Del-Ton really was.  I don't get to go shooting all that much (maybe twice per month if I'm lucky) and don't think I'd ever get my money's worth out of a club membership.  Del-Ton was perfect because you went in, paid your $9, got a key, and had the entire day to shoot and relax.  Personally, I like to shoot alone, just relax and pull the trigger by myself, and Del-Ton was usually empty enough that I could find my own spot and stay there for hours without saying a word.
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#7]
deleted
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#8]
We were the only ones shooting at Del-Tone when were up there last month, the steel gallery was fun but wet.
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#9]
There are a few 50 miles of you in WI.
Link Posted: 4/28/2005 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Dakota County Gun Club in Rosemount.  dakotacountygunclub.org  Has 25, 50, 100, 200, and 300 yard rifle range, 2 pistol ranges, pin range, youth rimfire range, archery range, and shotgun range (steel only).  Membership required unless guest of a member.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Doggie,

Any idea how long it takes to get a response back about memberships???  I mailed out my application firght after you posted the link.  Not sure if I should still keep waiting for try calling somebody by now.  

Thanks.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#12]
My personal favorite for outdoor shooting in the area is Bald Eagle Sportsmans Association just north of White Bear.

www.besamn.org

They are no longer accepting applicaitons for memberships, but, its only $8/gun to shoot. $5 for the 2nd gun.

They have 5-25yrd, 50yrd, and 100yrd ranges along with clays.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#13]
deleted
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#14]
MN DNR Site

These guys have almost every range listed.

Above mentioned hutch range...I think they mean Major Ave Hunt Club - Only shotgun / trap shooting.

I have noticed most of these sport clubs are only for trap.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:08:17 AM EDT
[#15]
No there is 100 yd range out by hutchinson.  go into Crow River Sporting Goods on the north end of town on the west side they can get set.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
No there is 100 yd range out by hutchinson.  go into Crow River Sporting Goods on the north end of town on the west side they can get set.

Awesome thanks...I'll have to check it out. Is it membership or can you just show up?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Oakdale Gun Club is fairly close to you, freeway most of the way...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top