Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2004 7:13:22 AM EDT
I received this email from MN CCRN, I knew about the vote, I hadn't read the bill though.  It's nice to see such a clear and unambiguous statement of the 2A.

A Vote We Nearly Missed Reporting

On September 29th the US House of Representatives took an amazing vote. The House took a vote recognizing the individual right of the Second Amendment and need to restore this right to the citizens of the District of Columbia.  It was a vote to restore their right to own long guns and handguns.  The legislations title; The District of Columbia Personal Protection Act.  The legislation stated the following:

Congress finds the following:

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution protects the rights of individuals, including those who are not members of a militia or engaged in military service or training, to keep and bear arms.

The law-abiding citizens of the District of Columbia are deprived by local laws of handguns, rifles, and shotguns that are commonly kept by law-abiding persons throughout the rest of the United States for sporting use and for lawful defense of persons, homes, and families.

Legislation is required to correct the District of Columbia's law in order to restore the rights of its citizens under the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and thereby enhance public safety.

It is rare that such a direct vote – such an unambiguous vote is taken.  

Minnesota’s House members voted as follows -

Supporting the Second Amendment and the restoration of the rights of the citizens of DC to own firearms:

Rep. Gil Gutknecht
Rep. John Kline
Rep. James Oberstar
Rep. Colin Peterson
Rep. Mark Kennedy

Thank you to these five Representatives for upholding the Constitution.

Those voting against the Second Amendment and denying the American Citizens of the District of Columbia the right to own firearms at all included:

Rep. James Ramstad
Rep. Martin Sabo
Rep. Betty McCollum

If they will vote your constitutional right to own firearms away, what other rights will they vote away?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#1]

Rep. James Ramstad

You can always count on the Rammer to vote with the liberals.  Just another RINO.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Email sent.  I'll try to remember to post his feeble reply when it comes.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top