Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 10:45:13 AM EDT
I am lookin for something that will group well, at least an inch or better at 50 yards.  Don't need one of the spray and pray uppers.  Also reliability is very important as range time is at a premium and shooting, not fiddling, is the priority.

Been looking at the DPMS but open to other suggestions.  Or are the .22 RF uppers just a waste of time.....

Thanks,
DonT
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been looking at the DPMS on e too. My range wont let us use centerfire rifle bullets at the bowling pin range so I want something I can train with, but still use on the pin range.

If DPMS releases their high caps for their upper, it will be a no brainer.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:10:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Unless you have too much money, you may want to look into a ceiner conversion.  The accuracy can vary greatly though.  Both my uppers are 1/12.  In the 11.5 inch upper I get outstanding groups 1-1.5" at 50 yards w/ceiner and cci high vel 22's.  with dissy upper, more like 3" at 50 yds.  I can drop that to less than 2" with standard vels but then get FTF, FTE.

What's nice about the ceiner is that you get to use all your normal caliber gear, that is, exactly the same upper you'll be shooting 5.56 through with same trigger pull, etc, just less recoil.

Oh...both these uppers will do 1" at 100yds with 5.56 if I do my part so i know there is nothing inherently wrong with them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top