Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 1:13:55 PM EDT
They've lost me as a customer.  Shop at Streicher's from now on...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=280864&page=1
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
G. sucks when it comes to prices. Their sales people are assholes as well.

There was a really good sales guy at the one off of 394 by CompUSA, but, he has since left. (so I heard)

They were a bitch to do price matching with.

Gander Mountain has all the same stuff I want, plus more and doesn't haggle about price checks.
(better price on Winchester white box 55gr .223, anyhow)

Expect Galyans (soon to be Dick's sporting goods) to be belly up soon enough.

the only people I saw on the climbing walls were fat 12yr old boys.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:43:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Never been there or planned on going there,  and Streichers suck if you are not a Cop

I have a good Dealer that gives me good prices, and when I need to order anything I just have it shipped to him and pay the transfer

Ammo can be found cheaper at  Natchez Shooters Supply

If you have your C&R you can get on some good mailing lists for good prices on newer firearms and just have them sent to your regular FFL for the transfer.  Nothing better than picking up a New Colt Match Target for less than $900.00 transfered

C&R stuff sent right to your door, Damn I like those $150.00 SKS's

Why pay retail when you dont have too

What would Galyans Charge for that?     $1,000.00 +?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Been in there but never bought anything.  Could never even find a set of boots there I liked
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Verified at Galyan's today... yup.. no handguns any more.

I personally like the place.. sure it's expensive, but they have a selection of "stuff" that is tough to beat.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:33:35 AM EDT
[#6]
go to their closeout section- wodbury is (was) upstairs by yhr climbing wall- got two jackets there for 75% off + 10 % for signing up on their buyers club or something- got a mountain hardware jacket ($350) for like 80 bucks or something- and a columbia for next to nothing- same goes on shirts and stuff.  otherwise VERY overpriced stuff.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:04:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Bummer...I've bought a number of commodity guns there over the years, they were the cheapest in town.  Guess I'll be making more trips down to Cabela's now.  I hate Gander Mountain.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:10:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:08:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
G. sucks when it comes to prices...

I only visited the new one in Birmingham once, right after it opened, but I found their prices to be very competitive (just talking firearms - I didn't look at ammo/accessories) compared to other local retailers.  And prices are usually competitive here in the SE in general as compared to many other parts of the country.  Oh well... I won't be going back, either way.  

ETA:  OOPS!  I thought I was posting in the GD thread.    Sorry for the "Southern invasion."  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
G. sucks when it comes to prices...

I only visited the new one in Birmingham once, right after it opened, but I found their prices to be very competitive (just talking firearms - I didn't look at ammo/accessories) compared to other local retailers.  And prices are usually competitive here in the SE in general as compared to many other parts of the country.  Oh well... I won't be going back, either way.  

ETA:  OOPS!  I thought I was posting in the GD thread.    Sorry for the "Southern invasion."  

Aww hell ya'll are welcome here!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#12]
You need to check out The Gunstop or Sportsmans Warehouse.  Cabelas is not cheap by any stretch  of the imagination!

Quoted:
Bummer...I've bought a number of commodity guns there over the years, they were the cheapest in town.  Guess I'll be making more trips down to Cabela's now.  I hate Gander Mountain.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You need to check out The Gunstop or Sportsmans Warehouse.  Cabelas is not cheap by any stretch  of the imagination!

Quoted:

+1 for Sportsmans Warehouse cheapest prices in my town.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top