Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2004 6:19:42 AM EDT
They have some dumb sounding redneck on there basically saying "hold my beer watch this" advertising for Bills.  This is NOT the right way to get the unwashed masses to condone shooting sports.  

I thought it was a bit at first until I heard it during the middle of the day.

Anyone else thought it was strange?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Condone? I am not sure that is a good word to use.  The 2nd Amendment does not require condoning of anything!  It is spelled out pretty simple!  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree.  It pretty much is a stereotype of the gun-whackos.

You wouldn't have an ad for malt liquor with a bunch of gangstas talkin bout the bee-ahctches they gotz.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Condone? I am not sure that is a good word to use.  The 2nd Amendment does not require condoning of anything!  It is spelled out pretty simple!  

That's not what I meant.  Despite the fact that the second amendment spells out that our rights can't be infringed, the publics view of our right/hobby is important.  

A large portion of the population thinks CCW is bad because people that want to carry guns are "gun nuts and whackos".  All this ad does is perpetuate that image, however incorrect.  The next time a politician tries to feel the pulse of the public about an issue like CCW (or preserving gun ranges, or whatever), and even more people oppose gun rights because of ads like this, (s)he may just be tempted to vote against our rights.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:44:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Perception by the public is a better way to put it!  Pereceptions becomes their, the voting public, reality!  And, if the antigunners were to read some of the stuff posted here and other web sites it would just as bad!  And, instead of wasting band width here you should call up the Mgmt. at Bill's and tell them what you think!  Hence your perception!  People waste so much effort on posting crap when then could impact things by dropping a dime to them:
Contact Information:
Bills Gun Shop & Range
4080 West Broadway
Robbinsdale, Minnesota 55442
Ph. 763-533-9594
612-839-7994
Fax. 763-533-2997
Media Contacts:
John Monson
Owner
763-533-9594
That is what we need people to quit whining and start doing!

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought it was dumb when they were running it on AM1500 this summer. I am glad to hear a gun store/range advertise...but I think they could have purchase a better commercial.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:18:20 AM EDT
[#6]
it was odd- i thougt it was a bit too.  Are you sure this is not a bit?  if not, dumb just dumb
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you have a sence of humor?  If your worried about pissing of the libs, get over it.  They are not on our side and never will be.  That commercial was meant for us, to laugh at!  Hell, if you can't make fun of you own, you to serious.

P.S.  Did you catch the disclamer at the end?

Brick  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top