Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 5:10:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#1]
There are probably no bottoms that would fit me, but I would be in for a XL or XXL top (I'm not familliar with how the sizes run on these). Mini-Quin could also use an XS top.
Thanks for the offer Sully.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got out of the Army (active duty) last summer after 6 1/2 years.  I had been issued these gortex tops and bottoms many many times.  It is my experience that I always got one size larger than my BDU size, both tops and bottoms.  Personaly in BDU's I wore Medium pants, and Large - XL top.  In the Goretex I alway wore Large pants and XL top (XLT top if possible).  Just remember that you will probably be wearing a full set of clothes under these.

Also,  Sully is offering an AWESOME price!  These usually sell in the $75-100 range each, for used gortex.  I might have to pick up another set.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty much figured out I need XL Long if there are any (tops or bottoms).
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I.B.N. you would wear a med/regular. Like Sully said they are uninsulated and are the very outside
layer of clothing worn in the military Extreme Cold Weather Cloting System.

They do come in long lengths and short lengths and are cut full but it is still recomended to get one size larger for wearing over heavy winter clothing.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:28:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Med/regular is the size pants you would wear.

I wear med/reg pants and jacket. Usualy you will wear the same size top as bottom unless you are a freak of nature like some. I have plenty of room for all my cold weather gear under the gortex as well.

worth it's weight in gold for winter time gear and that is a good price.

Just wash with Nicwax and the fabric will come back to life and be waterproof again.

Nicwax can be found at Galyan's or REI.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top