Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 2:16:41 PM EDT
just found this at preban.com..funny that i live pretty close to island lk but this is the first time i heard about this.

Large Fish Catches Boy in Minnesota

DULUTH, Minn. (AP) - An 11-year-old boy was out hunting frogs on Island Lake when he became the prey. A large fish, probably a muskellunge or a northern pike, attacked the boy about 5 p.m. Thursday as he and his young sister were wading in a foot of water.

The resulting wounds on Mason DeRosier's feet and hands required 11 stitches to close.

Mason's father, Richard DeRosier, was in a paddle boat just offshore during the attack. DeRosier, a Lake County deputy sheriff, said he was facing the children when he saw a huge swirl in the water.

``Before I can say 'Holy moley! Look at that!', all of a sudden the swirl is by their feet,'' he said.

Mason said he saw the fish splash just offshore. ``It was like, maybe, 5 feet in front of us,'' Mason said. ``Then it splashed right at my foot and bit me. It hurt.''

It didn't let go. ``I smacked it in the head and tried to pry it off my foot,'' Mason said. ``He let go, but he bit my hand.''

The sister wasn't hurt.

Mason was taken in back to the family's cabin to wash the wounds, then he was off to the hospital.

He received eight stitches in his left hand and three in the bottom of his right foot. He has numerous other bite marks across the top of his foot, his dad said.

``I'll bet he has 20 cuts on his foot and 10 cuts on his hand,'' Richard DeRosier said.

08/28/04 20:28

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/story....=20040823ZAG02D
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess the fish are bitin' up in the north country.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#2]
What I'd really like to hear is the the "fish's" story about "The one that got away!" Now that must have been a "doozie"! --> (Spelling???).
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:55:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What I'd really like to hear is the the "fish's" story about "The one that got away!" Now that must have been a "doozie"! --> (Spelling???).

Hey!

While you are pissing on parades.....

Did anyone eveer tell you you are  a boor?
I thought not.

(can you tell I've become intolerant of your  bad behaviour?)
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:26:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I thought it was rather funny myself.  You got to wonder.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Fedgunner,

Yea, That's something else I've noticed about you specifically and a number of the other's. If anyone has something "different" to add to the thread you generally will add some kind of "downer" remark just like you did here. You talk about me "growing-up" at 48. I think you might also try it too bud! after all, what did your critisizm of my post in this thread have to do with you and your lovely little "group" of buddies?

Again, enjoy each other!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top