Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 9:19:08 PM EDT
The day started cool and foggy... Thank the gods for the cool part! It seems that Sully the sadist was to put in an appearence!

Turns out  it was to be good humor to hump 400 meters wearing full kit, including on my part an additional 40 lbs of armor, and 12 lbs of water. I estimate my gross weight for this little jaunt at about 310lbs (I weigh 225) Oh yeah.. You moved in 3 second intervals, maintaining squad discipline. Then engaged 4 tangos after the nature walk. You did this once as a coach and once as an operator.

Next was big  fun! Engage 12 targets from a moving vehicle at 10 miles an hour with shotguns. The targets were staked balloons. A fair bit tougher at  20 mph... Kinda sucked at 25... and at 30 I had people cursing me.(I drove it like a stole it) This simulated running an ambush on "H" highway.

Now it was time to kneel in the dirt. Body mechanics were stressed. 180 degree target aquisition was learned and transitions around the compass were taught... a real eye opener for me. (Knee pads are your friend.. I learned this the hard way... I swear Sully planted that rock!)

Now then... It was time to pick up the pace! Off to the shoot house!
Still with us?
A pretty low speed drill to clear three rooms in the "K" hotel. Push ups for killing hostages.
That was good fun.... until Sully added stress with one simple statement. "They know you are here! MOVE!!!
Know that "A" died a messy death when I ran the drill with  12 gauge slugs.

That last big  block was the Team shoot... It made the "melt down" look like a teenage makeout session.
Shooter #1 Shoot steel silhouette.  Miss? Run 25 meters, tap a barrell and run 25 meters back to the shooting line.
Shooter #2 Shoot silhouette, shoot hostage taker. (Hit the hostage? Do 10 push ups run and re-engage)
Shooter #3 Shoot silhouette, shoot hostage taker shoot silhouette. (penalty? see above)
shooter #4 Shoot silhouette, shoot hostage taker, Shoot silhouette, shoot hostage taker. (See the pattern?)
Ended with shooter #5 who had to Shoot silhouette, shoot hostage taker, Shoot silhouette, shoot hostage taker,Shoot silhouette.

Oh yeah.. the "hostage taker was a 4" by 8" piece of steel (1/2 head) at the "head" of the hostage silhouette.

All push ups were paid.

Interspersed with these major blocks were minor blocks on equipment, a short bullet expansion lab and general discussion.(interspersed with many compalints about various body parts aching like a m.... f.....!

This training was more similar to military training.. aches and pains were generated.. I'd do it again day after tomorrow...::chuckle::

Oh yeah... We trained in the rain.. it wasn't a hard rain, so Fritz was probably only thinking about picking up a gun.

1*
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you peolpe are some kind of "Army/Navy grunt" want a be's!  Why not just do it for real as many of us have? Then you can tell some "real-manly" type stories of your "shooting from moving vehicle stories at actuall moving peolpe shooting back at you!

I don't know about any of you all, but I never had to "pay" for the experience either. Our experience came "first-hand" during "basic and life in general". I see that this doesn't carry much weight with you local "Ha-who's" though so I guess I'll just sit back and be amused by your little "local" club you've got going here.

Have fun with yourselves!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds like you peolpe are some kind of "Army/Navy grunt" want a be's!  Why not just do it for real as many of us have? Then you can tell some "real-manly" type stories of your "shooting from moving vehicle stories at actuall moving peolpe shooting back at you!

I don't know about any of you all, but I never had to "pay" for the experience either. Our experience came "first-hand" during "basic and life in general". I see that this doesn't carry much weight with you local "Ha-who's" though so I guess I'll just sit back and be amused by your little "local" club you've got going here.

First off, several of the students have “been there, done that” before taking the classes. Some are currently serving. All that I have met agree that these classes have taught them things that their training in the military/police did not.
Is your silly little rant is due to your exclusion from the 3-gun training day? If you had attended some of the base classes, so the instructors could have gotten to know you, we would welcome you to the alumni classes. You telling me about your experience does little to comfort if we were doing live fire room clearing. Without knowing your level of training I will not be letting you shoot out of my vehicle. However, I would not hesitate for a second to do these things with one of my fellow students. Because I know what they know, we can train in ways that could otherwise be unsafe and irresponsible.
The only person keeping you from enjoying these classes right now is you. We have tried to be welcoming and encouraging. If you don’t think you should have to pay for the training, or your ego is to big for you to train with us “ha-hoos”, then don’t. You want to sit back and be amused, fine. But please refrain from posting in these threads unless you have something intelligent or otherwise worthwhile to add.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yo

Wanna be?

Where were you in '75 when I was active duty?
What the fuck is your point?

I have active time as an 95B/11B and Reserve Armor Drill Sgt. So who are you?

I really don't mean to be pissy... (OK so I do..)

I'll ask again.
Who the fuck do you think you are talking to?

Fuckin' kids!

I'm an old guy.. and guess what? I'll still kick yer ass on the range! or on live tango's!

You my boy, are one step away from an "ignore."

Screw being nice.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:08:26 AM EDT
[#4]
WTF is a   "ha who".  maybe you mean "ya who"?  Just ignore this battle scarred combat veteran Fedgunner.  Let him talk shit on the computer.  Remember that the "real tough guys" talk tough on the computer safely in there home.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#5]
What is your problem? Is it that we are haveing fun with others and you are a social retard and don't know how to act around others and need constant attention.

Come out and back up what you say.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Fedgunner,

In 75 I was on a Navy distroyer in the Pacific so you can see your assumption about age is somewhat off.

As for the rest of everyone's comments, I have made an honest attempt to get to know some of you and have found it to be a waste of my time. From what I'm hearing, that will also be refreshing to you all also so there won't be any hard feelings on either side if we just ignore each other. The last ime I looked though, this is still the USA and this is still a public board and I have paid for access so I may still monitor and submit thoughts as I see fit.

It is also quite ammuzing to hear what some of you "great buds" say about each other when you're not patting each other on the back though! At least I was open and honest about it, most of you are not.

Have fun!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Fedgunner,

In 75 I was on a Navy distroyer in the Pacific so you can see your assumption about age is somewhat off.

As for the rest of everyone's comments, I have made an honest attempt to get to know some of you and have found it to be a waste of my time. From what I'm hearing, that will also be refreshing to you all also so there won't be any hard feelings on either side if we just ignore each other. The last ime I looked though, this is still the USA and this is still a public board and I have paid for access so I may still monitor and submit thoughts as I see fit.

It is also quite ammuzing to hear what some of you "great buds" say about each other when you're not patting each other on the back though! At least I was open and honest about it, most of you are not.

Have fun!

The assumption about age seems reasonable after reading your previous posts. You present yourself more like a teenager than an adult.
Honest attempt to get to know us? I suggested a couple events you could use to introduce yourself, and have made an attempt to encourage your attendance (the exception being alumni classes, since you have not yet taken any base classes). I have found this to be a waste of my time as well.
As to how we great buds talk about each other, glad your amused. However if you are trying to make a point it is unclear what you intend it to be. Myself and the people I take these classes with, talk to and about each other face-to-face, online, or without the others present in exactly the same fashion in all cases. We have been totally honest, with occasional sarcasm being the exception.
Perhaps you are being honest with your comments. What you are lacking is accuracy and substance.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top