Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 7:05:26 PM EDT
I F**ked up.  Took Handgun 1 last winter like most everyone here has but never made it to a Sherriff's office to fill out the paperwork.  Am I screwed?  or are they still issuing the license?  If I actually lived in Minnesota I would be f**king irate with these damn church groups.  F**king Euphorians!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I *think* I heard that some sherriffs are still issuing under the new law, some went back to the old law, and a bunch just aren't doing anything. Not really sure tho, check packing.org , they may have some better info.

edited : I need to learn to type
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck.  Hopefully the law will be stayed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#3]
i don't think they're issuing any around Duluth area.  i took a class this spring and then was too lazy and cheap to get the permit.  oops.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#4]
If these mutha f##Kers change this thing we should all get a refund from the state Gov't. for the class.  We need to post  gun friendly sherriffs who will issue to us.  If you know of one please post.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm glad I didn't drag my feet.  I don't see ANYONE issuing a single permit before the end of the year sometime.  I could be wrong.  I guess they got what they want after all.

The only good thing about this is when the new law does get reinstated, the number of issued permits will likely double in a couple of months.  

*sigh* what a mess.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:07:31 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are in a rural county you might try including a note with your
application and point out that the law will probably go back to shall issue
and you would hope that the sheriff you voted for could see this.

Worth a try

GM
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#7]
The Red Star Tribune had an article yesterday that said that they are now using the old system & laws to govern CCW.  That DOESN"T invalidate any previously issued CCW permits, though.  I means that the local CLEO can use his or her discretion as to who gets the CCW permits.  You know, kiss the super-citizens ass to get your permit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Talked with the sheriff's department last week.  Wright County is now issueing permits still using the new law... Except the permit fee is $10, it takes about 4-6 weeks for processing, is valid for 1 year and is "shall" issue.  I have a class at bills on the 13th and will be at the sheriff's department in buffalo on the 14th.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top