Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 2:02:54 PM EDT
Yep you heard right.
Now first off  they lowered the prices on the guns, Now they desided to blow every one out of the water.

handguns 10-25% off
Knives 25% off
Long guns 10-50% off
Glocks are the cheapest in town
Kimbers 10% off
used guns 10% min
some things are not on sale, alot of the stuff is.
Shotguns 10-50%

They are not going out of buisness, just freeing up some spare cash. I dropped 3 grand there yeasterday and today. now Im set for awhile.

Sale starts today.
Please tell them Aren sent you

Armored Fire
763-792-4867
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Please clarify "Glocks are the cheapest in town"  I'm looking for a G19.  How cheap is cheap?  I consider under 5 bills NIB damn good.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#4]
call them, most standard glocks 495.00 I believe
763-792-4867 Aren sent you
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:53:41 AM EDT
[#6]
iNuh,
What did you end up getting?

Also, is the sale in preperations for the demise of AF? Since Jeff can no longer even run the place, it was rumoured that he was going to have to liquidate it all prior to turning out the lights.

Again, I have heard no clarification from any of the folks who work the place.

Anyone?

-Warlock
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:45:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You can call them but you might not get an answer.  I am done doing business with them.

Me:  "Hi I was in yesterday and saw a Remington 700 in .3006.  You said you were planning on marking down the prices 10-50% and I wanted to know how much you ended up marking it down."

Guy at AF:  "Yes, I see a tag hanging off that rifle, so it is marked down anywhere from 10-50%."

Me:  "Great, can you get me a price on it?"

Guy at AF:  Exasperated sigh, "It would be a lot easier if you would just come in."

Alright, bye AF.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:05:58 AM EDT
[#9]
maybe he thought you were the competition doing a little industrial espionage.  Maybe the price is negotiable and he didn't want to commit over the phone.  I bet they have sold things over the phone before and the buyer never shows up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can call them but you might not get an answer.  I am done doing business with them.

Me:  "Hi I was in yesterday and saw a Remington 700 in .3006.  You said you were planning on marking down the prices 10-50% and I wanted to know how much you ended up marking it down."

Guy at AF:  "Yes, I see a tag hanging off that rifle, so it is marked down anywhere from 10-50%."

Me:  "Great, can you get me a price on it?"

Guy at AF:  Exasperated sigh, "It would be a lot easier if you would just come in."

Alright, bye AF.

I can tell you the story how it went down, I asked the guys today who took that phone call. There answer was store was closed, i t was a new employee who doesnt have keys to the shop. he was looking through the cameras into the gunshop. You can make your own desision If you like,i for one do not make desisions based on one employees additute/ owners are a different story
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:22:28 AM EDT
[#11]
^ That guy should have just admitted what was up then,  instead of passing it off onto the customer.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:14:17 AM EDT
[#12]
+1 He should have just said what was happening. But some people are social retards and can't talk to people. That emploee should be on his way out the door if he can't deal with the public he already lost a potential  sale that might have made loot for A.F.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Either that else he knows that he will be out of a job very soon and just doesn't give a shit! I don't see how (unless the charges get dismissed) that the shop is going to remain operational for very much longer. I would imagine that Jeff still has a couple months and probably needs the cash for his defense rather than buying new inventory. In any case, it is unfortunate that anyone in his business was caught being in the "other" business. It doesn't help the gun industry supporter's either but that's our problem.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I can tell you the story how it went down, I asked the guys today who took that phone call. There answer was store was closed, i t was a new employee who doesnt have keys to the shop. he was looking through the cameras into the gunshop. You can make your own desision If you like,i for one do not make desisions based on one employees additute/ owners are a different story

That is possible, but his voice sure sounded like the same guy who I had spoken to in person in the shop the day before.  And I didn't type this before, but the first thing I asked was "is this the gun shop" to which he responded "yes."

Edit:  Is there a thread about the legal trouble AF is having?  I had not heard of it until this thread.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#15]
We were there again today wasting away a half-ton of brass, metal & Lead so I had to check-out the "big-sale".

If this is just a sale to get "new inventory" in then I would like to know when this new inventory is arriving? My gun inventory looks more like a gun-shop inventory than Jeff's does at this point.

Also noticed a very large group of asian american's hanging around and "looking" everything over very closely. ??? . They never shot or had any class that we could tell. Maybe a buyer? Who knows?

I really hate to see this happening to such a "great" place! Where else can you go to shoot Full-Auto with the possibility of a chance to shoot next to Steve Tyler? That sure made my day/week/shit, month.

Sure wish we could get the real "poop"on what's going on?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

If this is just a sale to get "new inventory" in then I would like to know when this new inventory is arriving? My gun inventory looks more like a gun-shop inventory than Jeff's does at this point.

Sure wish we could get the real "poop"on what's going on?

The sale is to get rid of the stuff that doesnt sell, and get some hotter items in there.

I was there for a little bit today with my wife(nothing hotter than a blonde loading  drums). I brought out the american-180 and layed down 2k in .22 , Two bad it takes forever to load and on 10 sec to dump the drum on full auto

Also my new dpms SBR  came in today so I let my buddies at the range break it in.
If your interested its 100% DPMs setup with 11.5" barrel a3 upper w/ manuel rear flip up sites and a metal car stock for now. They were out of m-4 stocks at the shop early this week.
It kinda has the HEAT thing going on for itself.
Its a semi auto(yes whats this, Aren ownes a semi) I figured I needed atleast one, I can always through a DIAS or lightning Link if it just sits around
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:22:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I stopped in there to buy some 1911 mags (saturday afternoon), but they were charging a lot...

Do you guys know of a good place to get some decent mags for a good price?

I'm thinking of buying 5 more, but can't afford like $20 for a 7 rd mag...

Frontiersman Sports had a bunch of decent used mags for the 1911 last time I stopped there. They also had a few McCormicks and plenty of Kimber mags. The Kimbers are pretty good mags for $16.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Yea, we keep hearing the same old "everything is wonderful!" on this board but anyone that has spent any time at all in gunshops knows that they survive by keeping the maximum amount of inventory "in house" and in front of their customers in order to generate the sale interest. You don't walk into an empty gunshop and say to yourself "Boy I just can't wait to see what they are thinking about ordering next month".

It's like I keep saying, I would wish Jeff and the business the best; and if full-auto closes or has to go though major changes, that would be a great loss to all of us. However, there is alot more going on here than just some "sale" and it would be nice to know the truth, not just "Everything is wonderful".
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Yea, we keep hearing the same old "everything is wonderful!" on this board but anyone that has spent any time at all in gunshops knows that they survive by keeping the maximum amount of inventory "in house" and in front of their customers in order to generate the sale interest. You don't walk into an empty gunshop and say to yourself "Boy I just can't wait to see what they are thinking about ordering next month".

It's like I keep saying, I would wish Jeff and the business the best; and if full-auto closes or has to go though major changes, that would be a great loss to all of us. However, there is alot more going on here than just some "sale" and it would be nice to know the truth, not just "Everything is wonderful".

I just wanna know who pissed in your cherrios.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#21]
The shop has never really been worth purchasing a firearm from. Everything was always overpriced, and some of the stock has been sitting around for the many years I have shot there. And we are talking some really nice stuff that should have been selling. Jeff has never really seemed concerned with the shop, and the range probably brings in enough that he doesn't have to.
If you ask me this is all long overdue. Things finally seem to be heading in the right direction for them. (if they do finally get some new stock and reasonable prices)
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quinlan,

That's very possible and I certainly hope you are correct. I think everyone agrees that the range is a great resource and everyone should "pull-together" to support all the local reliable businesses in the state. Well, let's hope for the best! I guess we just never really spent that much time in the shop but I always heard and seen peolpe were buying there. Maybe not as much as the scuttlebut would leed you to believe.

Any word on when the "new" product is scheduled to arrive?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:35:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
iNuh,
What did you end up getting?
<SNIP>
-Warlock

I thought I should update this thread with a pic...

I found another AR15.com member who posted a pic of the EXACT same setup as my C.C.O. Colt:
www.tundrasolutions.com/photopost/data/500/26549cco-med.JPG

I am glad you finally got a decent pistol.  When I heard you had a Bersa, I got scared
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top