Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2004 10:15:25 AM EDT
MWCA show at the Fairgrounds in the Progress Building, that is on the north side of the Fairgrounds Campus.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there.  I think I have some money burning a hole in my pocket.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I might go to pick up some Q3131A or XM193.   Will probably drag Repeater along with.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:36:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Who sells the Q3131A & XM193?  Is it reasonably priced?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah,...another show of old shotguns and .22 rifles.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I will have to agree with beerjager MN shows are lame compared to any other state.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#6]
The MWCA shows are usually pretty good.  Maybe I'll pickup a Thompson
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Looking forward to Hart Bros, as the fiancee needs a 357

Who knows?  Maybe someone will have a FAL for once!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Who sells the Q3131A & XM193?  Is it reasonably priced?

I've bought a few cases from Ken's Gun Service.  It is usually around 75-85$ a case.  Not spectacular but a decent price by most counts.  I like when I can walk away with what I want,  don't really like waiting.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#9]
That is the problem with MN shows. No one has a good selection of  assault rifels, when Stubby and I go to any other shows out side this state evil weapons and accesories can be found no problem as well as ammo at good prices.

The old men in charge of the MWCA need to be told.    (Revolution?)JK

But really for the most part  they  are so difficult to deal with many vendors Stubby and I talk to won't come up here because of some of thier stupid old man policies.

One example just for example sake is M&A parts not just for thier parts for AR's but they also carry alot of evil black rifle accesories. Also alot of others we talk to say they don't attend because of these policies.

I am just saying this to tell you that even Iowa has better shows than us and that is purely the choise of some old dudes in charge of the shows. If that doesn't  piss you off I don't know what will.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#10]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Who sells the Q3131A & XM193? Is it reasonably priced?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've bought a few cases from Ken's Gun Service. It is usually around 75-85$ a case. Not spectacular but a decent price by most counts. I like when I can walk away with what I want, don't really like waiting.

Thanks for the info.  Ken is a helluva good guy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#11]
451 has the right idea, although revolution is a good word to help the MWCA evolve. Join the  MWCAMWCA Web Site URL and get voting rights.  They need to evolve to suit the needs of the shooting sports community.  And, Stubby has good stuff that is much more relavent then rooms full of books!  Yeah that AR supplier that was at the Fairgrounds show last year did not return.  Write the MWCA and tell them what you guys think!
MWCA – Post Office Box 662 – Hopkins, Minnesota 55343[email protected]

Speak to them and let them know Vendors like Stubby are the future!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm all for being pro-active.   But I feel if we wait long enough the MWCA council will be dead of old age soon enough.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
That is the problem with MN shows. No one has a good selection of  assault rifels, when Stubby and I go to any other shows out side this state evil weapons and accesories can be found no problem as well as ammo at good prices.

The old men in charge of the MWCA need to be told.    (Revolution?)JK

But really for the most part  they  are so difficult to deal with many vendors Stubby and I talk to won't come up here because of some of thier stupid old man policies.

One example just for example sake is M&A parts not just for thier parts for AR's but they also carry alot of evil black rifle accesories. Also alot of others we talk to say they don't attend because of these policies.

I am just saying this to tell you that even Iowa has better shows than us and that is purely the choise of some old dudes in charge of the shows. If that doesn't  piss you off I don't know what will.

I remember when I vacationed in FL a few years ago.  There happened to be a gunshow nearby.  It was amazing.  It puts al the gunshows up here to shame.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#14]
It was a fairly decent showing....

Lots of M1 stuff. Some commie shooters on every table. Pink Pistols was there.

I picked up some 30cal match bullets and 30cal AP as well.
I scored one of those 50mm 12x-50x  Winchester spotting scopes for $90 cash. I have been REALLY enjoying it. Good optics, stand, and hard case included.

Bought my dad a hip holster for his 4" S&W Model 19. (The ones with the speedloader pouch)

There were some cops roaming around. You could tell the veterans on the force from the newbies. The newbs were eyeing everyone like a hawk. The veterans were much more relaxed and kept their eyes moving.

I talked to one vendor for a while and he mentioned that there were ALOT more father/son husband/wife customers this year than last. People were alot friendlier in the spring/fall than in the winter. We also talked about what type of people are buying these days. ALOT of asians/PAC are purchasing commie rifles cause they were forbidden from owning them back home, but, they also seem to be really into S&W, Colt, Springfield and Rugers handguns. Not alot of interest in euro guns. (so he said) Alot of hispanic buyers as well...again, purchasing with their families at their side.

Not too many afro buyers this time. (downtown Muderapolis was a bit busier...according to some)

I guess the NAACP doesn't want to see there members at gunshows. Remeber, can't keep a brother down if he can defend himself and knows how to read.

Overall, not bad for the MWCA.  Very busy, lots of friendly people, and not one gunfight, brawl, DWI, or gangfight.

-Warlock
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I brought my 6 year old son with me.  He had a good time.  He liked checking out the knives.  He does get tired a lot quicker than I did.  Pretty soon he will get his own bolt action 22 and my wife will probably shoot me with it when she finds out.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I picked up some cleaning supplies and a new pocket knife,  a Kershaw Rainbow Leek,  since I somehow lost my old chive.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:46:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Those are the spring asisted knives from Kershaw?
How do you like it? How much did you payfor it?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:07:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah it is one of the cam or spring assisted ones from Kershaw,  I had a smaller "Chive" but I seem to have lost it.

This is the cheapest I could find on the web in a quick search:
www.knifeworks.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2892
I got it from an older gentleman selling knives,  I didn't catch the name of the business though, he was right on the outside wall by the entrance.  I paid $65 cash.  So I think I got a good deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top