Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2004 7:54:33 AM EDT
I pass this range everday on 212 (Between Chaska and Eden Prarie, near Lions Tap).  I have never stopped, but somedays there are tons of people there, and most days it is pretty quiet.  Looks like they have a pistol range, and a long gun range, all outdoors.

Anyway, yesterday I called them up to get their hours and fees (thought it might be nice to find a place closer for the Southwest metro guys).  The guy told me it was $15 per rifle or shotgun, and $10 per pistol.  I thought I heard him wrong, so I asked hime to clarify.  He told me again that those were the prices PER GUN!  I didn't even think to ask him if that was for all day or not.  He said something about only 2 target per gun, so I assume it isn't.

I think that this is way too high, but then I havent shot at to many ranges in the cities.  Anyone have any experience with this?  I am going to stop on my way home and check it out tonight.  I may pay for one pistol and go to the range just to check it out.  But this doesn't sound like somewere I will shoot much.

Just wondering if anyone else had any experience here.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#1]
when I first moved here 3 years ago, I use to shoot there quit a bit.  As its like 12 mins. away.
But very quickly got sick of the $10 a gun BS.  Usually only took one pistol or shot trap, as the rifle range is a joke.  Anything more than "sighting in a deer rifle fire" and you get bitched at.

I saved the pennies spent on range passes there and drive to shoot on my own land, ...no one bitches at me.   No way in hell I'll pay $15 to shoot one damn gun.

If you want a choice pistol range on the SW side the indoor range at Dakotah Magic is the shit.  Cheaper to shoot and unlimited amount of guns and time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I grew up about two miles from Moon Valley.  They have never invested much into the facilities.  It's surprising they can even survive in today's economy and Eden Prairie's liberal zoning standards.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a dump & a high priced one at that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, another member IM'd me and suggested the Dakotah indoor range.  It isn't on my way, but it isn't much further either.  I will go check it out.  Thanks.  Anyother suggestions on places to shoot around SW metro?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:43:10 AM EDT
[#5]
There's an indoor range in Burnsville, but I've never shot there.  I think that it's off of 46.  Sounds like it would be out of your way anyhow.

How about MN Horse & Hunt Club?  I watched a big trap shooting event down there last summer.  I think that the membership is fairly reasonable, maybe $300/yr.  I don't know if the have open shooting.  The only way that I know to get there is to go through downtown Prior Lake & turn left just before the McDonalds.  They have/had a small sign at that intersection & then they have signs along the way.  It's about 5 miles east of Prior Lake & a little south.  I think that they have a website.  Still sounds like it's out of your way, though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I told you the wrong highway for that Burnsville range.  It's just south of 42, not 46.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top