Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2004 9:01:07 AM EDT
I've emailed the Governor (among tons of other politicians) about the MN Assault Weapons ban that was proposed, and haven't received any reply stating his stance on the issue.  I'd REALLY love to know if he's against it.  If he's willing to shoot it down if it reaches his desk then I can stop worrying about the renewal of some sort of AWB.

In which case I'll put off buying a 1911, and start saving to buy an "Evil" assault-style firearm of some type (because it would be allowed).
Link Posted: 4/7/2004 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a real letter from Betty McCollum (my US rep) and she is in favor of all the stuff we hate.

I'll try to scan it some time.

Also got an email response from Norm Coleman,  and it said he supports our views.
Link Posted: 4/7/2004 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Normy is pretty pro-gun. Does NOT favor the AWB as it is written today, but, would like to see more "sensible" laws based on actual statistical data. (I heard him once say he would support having everyone take a gun safety class in K-12 like they do in Ohio)

As far as where to dump some money:
You will never regret having a Springfield 1911 mil spec.

They are onsale up at Sportsmans Warehouse for $450 ($481 with tax, I believe) or the GI WWII mil spec (gi sights and non-lowered ejection port) for $399 at Gunstop.

If Gunstop has the Charles Daly's in again, you get an EXCELLENT built in set of sights and a beavertail grip safety. They are a genuine diamond in the rough. ($350 loaded...well worth it)

[You can conver the Springfields to shoot 45super, but not the Charles Daly]

But then, I have 3 1911s...don't listen to folks on crack.

-Warlock
Link Posted: 4/7/2004 11:44:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I've sent emails to them all and have not had one email in return

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I sent a e-mail to the Gov'ner a month or so ago about the AWB or the Gun Mfg lawsuit, I can't remember which.  Received a reply in the mail a few weeks ago.
Kind of took me by suprise that some actually sent out the letter.  I still have it around here in a pile of papers.

Everyone reading this should take a few mins to e-mail for write our Senate and Congressmen.  

I did and I'm a lazy, drunkin' POS.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top