Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2003 7:54:21 PM EDT
All,

I thought I would check here.

Does anyone know of a source here in town or within the twin cities for getting lead alloy to cast bullets with?

I am thinking of starting to cast my own bullets for 45acp as well as 357magnum. I might even try 30-30 if I can get dies cheap enough.

Regards,

-Warlock
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:12:11 PM EDT
[#1]
sometimes i can get a manager of a tire store to give me a 5 gallon bucket of wheel weight lead.  it's a little soft but the price it RIGHT!  i have to do a little more cleaning than normal but for .45acp and .357 it will work fine.    
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
LMAO!  I was just going to suggest that as a joke.  There was some lunatic in the reloading forum that wanted to know if tire weights would be ok for CASTING .223!!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top