Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2003 7:18:50 PM EDT
Minnesota State Fair Education Building
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent, more money I'll piss away on things I don't really need.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I forget which building is the education is it on north side closer to parking areas?
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I forget which building is the education is it on north side closer to parking areas?

South side of the Fair grounds, big 'domed' building.
Across the street for the impound lots.

If you get lost,...
Parking in the parking lot and just follow the people carrying guns.........
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:19:26 AM EDT
[#4]
It is on the east side of the fairgrounds.   Head To Education Building at MSF
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not at the Coliseum.

WTF???
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#6]
NO, that's on the south side of the fair grounds.  Its held at the EDUCATION BLDG which is on the EAST side by (just north of) the "Main Entrance" on Snelling Avenue.

If I feel like it, I MIGHT take a campus bus there, but I'll likely just go visit my brother because I'm pretty much broke.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Was there at opening and met up with dsspro.  Seemed like good attendance and some deals to be had.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah there was some interesting stuff there.

I saw an M1 garand with the S/N 4815!!!  Said gas trap on the tag,  had s/ns on nearly everything.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 5:14:46 AM EDT
[#9]
The gun club I used to be long had a DCM (pre CMP) M1 Garand that had a  SA Mfg. with a SN of 8888.  It was a real piece of work!  And, it shot to beat the band with with ball ammo.  Then the rest of the club inventory was ones with SN's into the millons, and you could tell the workmanship was not as good!

Link Posted: 9/28/2003 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I picked up 500pc of range brass and talked to a guy from Wolf's Den from Hugo, MN who has the cheapest prices on plated 230gr 45acp bullets. ($32.50/500!!!)

I picked up some toys for the Mrs. and my winter survival kits. (waterproof match holders, eating utensils, and such) Get yours ready...It looks to be a very long/cold/snowy winter.

I also picked up pieces of brass (individual) of 45-70, X500 (new S&W), for show and tell with folks from work.

I got some Golden Saber bullets (40cal) for making some nice hot 400corbons. (IM me if you want to test em out some time....hehe)

I saw lots of junk. Those PM-11s there were JUNK!!! and $400??? What are they thinking???

I did see a muzzlelite kit for a Ruger Mini-14 from Vulcan. Which raises 2 questions:

1) is the Mini-14 an less of a jam-o-matic than the AR-15? My DPMS is a true tack driver and I have dime size grouping at 50yrs.

2) I see these kits also for the Ruger 10/22, which makes me think it may be time to add a 22lr or 22magnum to my inventory. (For $200, you can't go wrong with Rugers...right?)

I didn't see any deals on Ruger P89 pistols. This kind of pissed me off. Ruger has a wonderful deal ($40 off till end of the month) on all pistols.

I hope the next show at the Engergy Center is better represented. It was good to see DPMS and Sully there. I got a flier from Sully and plan to attend the Oct. 17th class with a friend and my dad.

-Warlock
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
<SNIP>
1) is the Mini-14 an less of a jam-o-matic than the AR-15? My DPMS is a true tack driver and I have dime size grouping at 50yrs.

- IMHO, it depends upon the magazines you use.  My friend claims his eats wolf all day, and his AR was finicky with wolf, but ate everything else.  However, my AR15 eats Wolf, and anything else I feed it with no problems whatsoever.  The only thing is my AR is more accurate with wolf than Caleb's Mini-14 with the most accurate factory ammo.  Reliability ===> YMMV, IMHO.

2) I see these kits also for the Ruger 10/22, which makes me think it may be time to add a 22lr or 22magnum to my inventory. (For $200, you can't go wrong with Rugers...right?)

- These kits are fun with Ruger 10/22s, but the plastic open sights are horse-shit...  Can't hit a tree stump at 25 yards with the open sights...  I have one (bullpup 10/22 stocks) in my closet that belongs to my brother.  They're fun if you have a VERY BRIGHT, and DURABLE laser sight on it.  Then they can get pretty fun at Armored Fire in that configuration!

I got a flier from Sully and plan to attend the Oct. 17th class with a friend and my dad.

I'm sure that you'll have a great time!!!  It's worth the money!  It'll be a bit cold though...

-Warlock

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top