Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/22/2003 7:50:26 AM EDT
Anyone up for organizing the next shoot?
When? Where? Lets hear your opinions. I really enjoyed the Princeton range. However, with hunting just around the corner, it may be difficult to get in there. It would be nice to get in one more shoot outdoors before it gets too cold. How about the second or third weekend in Oct.? Is anyone in frequent contact with Princeton? I wouldn't mind going to AF if need be, outdoors is just so much nicer.
All ideas are welcome.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#1]
(2nd or 3rd weekend) October 11th or 18th will work fine with me!  I'm game for a shoot on either of those two days!

What do you other guys say for those dates?

I guess we could try calling Ken up at Princeton to see if he can get us another shooting range reserved for us guys...  What distance range would you guys prefer shooting at???  The shoot we had last January was the 50 yard line, and I was perfectly fine with that.  However, I know many of you guys like shooting your longer range weapons out to 100 or beyond.  I'd have no problems shooting my AR15 anywhere from 25 yards to 300 yards.  Beyond that & I'll have some problems (I'm not too good of a shot beyond 200 yards).

Are there any other shooting ranges that any of you would suggest?

This pre-hunting season crap sucks IMHO, because many people who don't actively FIGHT to keep their 2nd Amendment rights flow into the ranges for their once a year sight-in of their 12 guage smoothbore shotgun with a 36x-85x210mm Adjustable Objective CRAPsco, Er, um, I mean tasco scope.  Completely oblivious to the fact that the reason they're not shooting 1/4 MOA with their 0.70" slugs slingers has nothing to do with whatever scope they have on the gun.

(I have a CRAPSCO 6-24x42mm AO scope on my OLY PCR, but that's much more accurate than a shotgun)

Many a bubba I've heard cursing his slug slinger "Damn thing can't seem to get better than 14" groups at 150 yards!!!  I dunno whus' 'rong withit..."  (Mostly heard these idiots at the Forrest Lake Sportsmans Club last year)
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I get amazed every trip to the range.  I was out at range in Mound today.  Guy comes up to the rifle range, with brand spanking new Steyr in 300WM.  Rattles off 5 shots at 100 target, not a darn thing on the paper!  LOL!  So then he asks to go post another target!  Off to 50 yd line!  Fires a few shots!  Not on paper!  This is way to funny, I have to leave!  So, then this guy starts shooting at 25 yd target.  Geez, what freaking typical Buck Fever Hunter.
I felt somewhat sorry for him, but I have to get entertained some how!

Link Posted: 9/23/2003 3:53:04 AM EDT
[#3]
The best thing that helped with my shooting was my service in the Air Force.  Learning basic markmanship skills after I thought I knew how to shoot, was a real benefit.  I have seen a lot of self proclaimed "marksmen" on the range who have a hard time hitting the side of the barn. Either weekend in october is good for me it will be my first shoot with you guys.  I will finish my first ar15 build by this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The best thing that helped with my shooting was my service in the Air Force.  Learning basic markmanship skills after I thought I knew how to shoot, was a real benefit.  I have seen a lot of self proclaimed "marksmen" on the range who have a hard time hitting the side of the barn. Either weekend in october is good for me it will be my first shoot with you guys.  I will finish my first ar15 build by this weekend.

I'm not saying this to be an ass. I have taken recent courses on modern carbine usage. I'm still unlearning things I learned in the Army!

(I know.. I know! get that freaking elbow in!)

On topic... Barring overtime I'm cool most weekends.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember my dad going to sight in the slug barrel he bought for his 870 Wingmaster. A bunch of his buddies were going to zero their scoped deer rifles in a gravel pit. My pop carries 2 water filled milk jugs out to where the rest of the hunters are setting up targets(around 75 yards out). We sat around for about 15 minutes watching the other guys shoot. Pretty soon most of them were bitching about not being able to hit anything.  Then dad loads up 2 slugs, and fires twice with irons. Both milk jugs explode. He turns to me and says “OK, I’m done lets go get some lunch."
Anyway, back to the shoot. Is anyone with any Princeton knowledge willing to call them up to try to work something out?
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Where the hell is Devils_Advocate???
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#7]
He's working his A$$ off!  Like a good American contributing to the bum economy!

I ought to thank him for helping the millions of crack hoes & big mammy baby factories get their monthly checks to buy more smack!

J/K!  Much love to ya, bro, DA!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#8]
DA mentioned he was going to be in Texas for a little while. I'm not sure what dates.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 5:42:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey beerjager, was that you at the Bloomington Gander Mountain yesterday checking out wheelguns?  I didn't think to check for the GodHatesFagsMobile out in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:10:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey beerjager, was that you at the Bloomington Gander Mountain yesterday checking out wheelguns?  I didn't think to check for the GodHatesFagsMobile out in the parking lot.

Nope wasn't me,....I was at work helping to pay for some illegal immigrants free health care.

You like GHF's sticker??,.......
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 5:47:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone up for a trip to Armored Fire Sunday afternoon?  
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 5:51:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You like GHF's sticker??,.......

I'd reply, but my response may be possibly offensive to a poo-stabberass-pira...homosexual somewhere
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Lurch,  my friends and I might be there either saturday or sunday,  not sure which.  We have to decide about the gunshow first.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Jakezor, I'll probably be up there on Sunday afternoon.  I don't think we've met yet, but look for the tall guy with orange glasses.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 1:28:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok Lurch,  I'll try to sway my friends to shooting on Sunday.  I'll be the guy with the Garand and a DPMS Tuber that like to throw flames.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Is momentum building?
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 6:46:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Well we have a couple definate maybes... anyone else?
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Whats the point of shooting indoors??,.. other than pistols.

Shooting under 50 yards w/ a fullsized rifle round indoors no less is a waste of ammo and time.

Really just making noise.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#19]
If I don't have anywhere to go to shoot out side I'll gladly shoot indoors.

Shooting indoors > not shooting at all.  Its not like I'm shooting some giant magnum that costs $1 a round.  Its a .223 or 9mm  

So please share the wealth or ignore.

Some friends and I are gonna head out there soon.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 5:32:13 AM EDT
[#20]
So how is 10/11 or 10/12 going to work for anyone to shoot outdoors?
I can make it to St. Cloud/ Princeton area.
I would be able to bring out my chrono and timer, a set of 8" steel plates for pistol or shotgun, and some paper bowling pin targets.
anyone got anything else to add?
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 6:13:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Looks like I won't be able to make it after all.  I have to go to Northwestern University in Illinois.  A little over 1 week ago, I made it onto the University of Minnesota Fencing team, and they invited me to go with them to the Northwestern U's collegiate tournament.  It appears as though I've found another thing at which I'm pretty much a natural.  If the fencing team thinks I'm good enough to go to this tournament (after only fencing 4 to 5 weeks), and thinks I'm a natural at it, then so be it.  I'm going.  It only costs me $10.00 for a hotel room, transportation, and tournament entry fees!!!  This is because the University of MN will pay for pretty much everything but those ten bucks!  I guess it's cheaper (But I don't know if it's more FUN) than paying $22.00 for gas, driving out to Princeton with a trunk full of guns & ammo, blasting off about $50.00 worth of ammo, driving home, filling up with gas again (more $$), and then cleaning my guns.

Personally, I'd rather be shooting, but I just cannot afford it right now.  I can, however, afford $10.00 to go on a road trip with some of the cute college girls on the fencing team and fight a few people when we reach our destination...  Sorry guys, I guess I won't make it, but will get to the next one assuming I can still make it to work after a shoot (I work fri & sat nights 5 to 2 AM usually).
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#22]
50 bucks in ammo, you must have never went shooting with me before. these machineguns suck ammo like you wouldnt beleive, plus its never fun to bring just 1.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#23]
FENCING?????????????????????????????
Barbed wire, electric, or the net kind?
That is the kind of team I would expect from the U of River Falls.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 1:48:55 PM EDT
[#24]
 I meant the kind with blunt-tipped metal swords...  Though I am pretty good at barbed wire fencing too...  Just need 200 or so posts, my favorite spade shovel, several spools of barbed wire, and an air compressor powered semi-automatic heavy duty staple gun...  The diggin' is what takes the most time!  Been there, done that at my uncles farm...  Didn't much like it though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#25]
I've never been a fan of sports where you have to wear tights.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, technically they're not tights, but they're certainly *AHEM* hindering.  They're what I'd call "pussy-assed knickers"...  (though they're technically referred as only "knickers")

They sure are tight though!  Darn things are a bitch to get into.  But the less baggy they are, the further they are from your opponent's blade tip and thus the less likely he is to score a point.  Due to the sissiness look of me in these suits, I don't think I'll be posting pics for TRG and ILL to photoshop...    That'd be too easy of a target for them.

Back on Topic, is there still a shoot planned for one of these weekends?  I just went for a hike on my relative's land today and only shot pics with my camera rather than with my AR (which I had slung on my shoulder for good measure).

I'm looking forward to the road-trip in a van with several cute college girls though.    This way they can't get away from me!!!  
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd be game for doing some long range shooting.

I plan on hunting with my Marlin (30-30) this fall and have it scoped. Its sighted for 50yds (or so) and would like to see what needs to be marked up for 100yards and further. (nothing beyond 200yds for a 30-30)

For my AR-15, I would love to try out a 16x scope on it with handloaded .223 ammo out to 300yards. ;)

I would also like to see how far out I can actually hit an object with my dad's 357max with iron sights. :)

A day at the range would be fun. (as long as it isn't raining or snowing too hard)

Is there a rule out there against black powder?

-Warlock
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Blasted some .50BMG, .50AE, .308, .223, .45, .40, 9mm, and a ton of .22 today.  As always you can come up to the range. $9 for the day.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Blasted some .50BMG, .50AE, .308, .223, .45, .40, 9mm, and a ton of .22 today.  As always you can come up to the range. $9 for the day.

I can look cool for only $9 a day too??
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

ammo $100
range fees $9
Standing next to the Stubby Crew and looking cool - Priceless
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Who's 50BMG do we get to shoot? ;)

That, I think, would be fun.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ammo $100
range fees $9
Standing next to the Stubby Crew and looking cool - Priceless

OT, but I don't know if I'd want to be seen with a group known as "Stubby guys"...  Girls might get the wrong idead!!!    Especially if I'm wearing my TIGHTS!    J/K Stubby!  Someday I'd like to try blasting some sh!t with those toys I hear so much about.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#33]
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
now my wife tells me that she plans on going to the dentist to get some teeth pulled Fri.
So now I get to work untill 7:00 fri morning pack her and the 2 kids up to her 9:00 apt. then babysit her & kids the rest of the day with no sleep.
I need a new job, a dayshift one
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Hey Inuh, when you go to your fencing thingy do you get to wear a ponytail and walk around saying " There can be only one"?
Now if I was REALLY mean I would be asking you things like " isin't this something the  French do"?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I guess I am in the dark where are you talking about shooting for $9.  I have new AR haven't I shot yet.  I would like to put some more rounds through my Mosin too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 3:35:56 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Well, technically they're not tights, but they're certainly *AHEM* hindering.  They're what I'd call "pussy-assed knickers"...  (though they're technically referred as only "knickers")

Peter Pan, wait a minute,...how about I'MaPeTeRpAn.

Quoted:
 Due to the sissiness look of me in these suits,

I am unable to come up w/ anything better.

Link Posted: 10/7/2003 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Hey Inuh, when you go to your fencing thingy do you get to wear a ponytail and walk around saying " There can be only one"?

Now if I was REALLY mean I would be asking you things like " isin't this something the  French do"?

Inuh,

If need be, I will loan you my claidhmhore AND my pony-tail. (Left over from the last time I went job hunting) Sorry it's only about 14 inches long tho.

The only payment I'd ask is that you give "croi'croga`" a good polishing.

(Edited to add pic)

Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#38]

isn't this something the French do?

Unfortunately, yes.  They have done this since the 16th century.  The funny thing is that for most of that time-period they sucked at it, and the italian's creation of the lunge was paramount in the creation of fencing as it has been known for the past 100 years or so.

In today's two practices I did pretty darn good.

I will loan you my claidhmhore AND my pony-tail.

I think I'll pass on the pony tail!!!  If beerjager would laugh at seeing me in my suit, knickers and leme, I'd really be up for some harsh comments if I had a pony tail to top that all off!!!  

The claidhmhore would be fun to try!!!  I don't think the directors of the tournament would like me killing some of their fencers though...  I don't think they'd let me in the doors with that!

I gotta log off soon, a cute girl is calling me tonight any minute (after 9 PM).

Peter Pan, wait a minute,...how about I'MaPeTeRpAn.

I like this spelling better!

I am unable to come up w/ anything better.

Of course you couldn't...  You're not that original!    Anybody can be a jerk, what you should do is REALLY stand out by being a CREATIVE jerk if need be...    You don't even need to be insulting, just a creative jerk.  By being insulting it's like copping out the easy way.  Take ILL & TRG for example, they're REALLY creative jerks at times...
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I will loan you my claidhmhore AND my pony-tail.

I think I'll pass on the pony tail!!!  If beerjager would laugh at seeing me in my suit, knickers and leme, I'd really be up for some harsh comments if I had a pony tail to top that all off!!!  

The claidhmhore would be fun to try!!!  I don't think the directors of the tournament would like me killing some of their fencers though...  I don't think they'd let me in the doors with that!

Laddie... ye nae ken me meaning!

With a claidh in yer hands ye need nae give a fook aboot others attitudes and rules!

Oh and as a matter of pride....

That sword is not a stage piece. It is forged and edged.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:40:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Inuh, if you want to put on some "pussy-assed knickers" and pass the time lunging and trusting with both guys and galls, you go right ahead. Personally, I WANT TO GO SHOOT STUFF!!
FedGunner, I thought I read somewhere that they didn’t worry about putting much of an edge on the claymores. They would be used for stabbing and bludgeoning, especially at the legs of horses and foot soldiers. I don’t remember where I read that so I could be mistaken. At any rate yours looks quite impressive. I have a friend that collects swords including a few KOTO katanas. One Daisho set has been traced back over 600 years.
Anyway has anyone made progress or have any ideas for an outdoor location. If no one else calls Princeton to confirm or rule it out, I will. I thought it might be better if someone with a history with them made the call.
Since Inuh will be busy poking people with his foil, épée and or sabre, this weekend, and it is getting a bit short notice. How about the next weekend? We could always go to AF if all else fails. beerjager, you can always bring handguns. Besides 50 yards indoors sounds about right for an AK that you built.  Increases your chances of hitting something. I would also be willing to try the Deltone range.
It's time for me to go, this maybe my first post that's delved into sarcasm and I may begin to like it too much(or actually get good at it) if I keep it up.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 9:24:56 AM EDT
[#41]
My friend Shaun and I went to Oakdale gun club this past Monday.  Was really nice.  Only a little spendy for non members, but not much more than AF.  We weren't able to get to the 100 or 200 yard ranges,  we spent too much time at the 50.  

They have a LOT of stalls,  would be cool to get a whole AR15.com lineup there.  Do we have any members that could see if we can get a group rate?
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm a member, but I wouldn't hold your breath on a group rate. I showed up during public hours with my son and they made him pay!
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
, this maybe my first post that's delved into sarcasm and I may begin to like it too much(or actually get good at it) if I keep it up.

it's addicting.....

watch and learn.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:19:17 PM EDT
[#44]
So, have we decided on a day? Sat sounds like its going to work for most folks.
(I am out of town on Sunday)

Anyone?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 4:45:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Saturday works for me.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 5:07:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Ok where?
I might be able to get a couple of hours free
also Inuh's new alter ego

www.thewiggles.com.au/about/friends/captain.html
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 6:08:11 AM EDT
[#47]

Captain Feathersword is a friendly pirate who has a feather for a sword, which he uses to tickle everyone. He is a jovial character that loves to cook, dance and sing with his crew on his sailing ship "The Good Ship Feathersword".
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#48]
And he's got your knickers too Inuh!
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Hm...still trying to figure out if things are on for Sat. but, everone seems far more entertained with Capt. Feathersword.

Oh well...
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
www.thewiggles.com.au/about/friends/CAPTAIN/cf-picture.jpg

Captain Feathersword is a friendly pirate who has a feather for a sword, which he uses to tickle everyone. He is a jovial character that loves to cook, dance and sing with his crew on his sailing ship "The Good Ship Feathersword".

Inuh????

is that you?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top