Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2003 8:38:55 PM EDT
Thought I'd give everyone a little FYI report,................The Gunstop just got in 100+ USGI 30rd mags.
It's one damn big box of magazines!!!.  

I picked up 2 that are in 95+ condtion for $14.95 a each.  Look like brand new!

Most are in 65 to 85+%, no dents for splits, just finish wear.  I looked over everyone.

Found a few Colt marked mags., hide those in the bottom of the box for later.    

They are the best deal I've seen in the cities yet.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Beerjager.....thanks for setting those Colts aside for me.  

Hard to believe, but his new place is even smaller than the last one.  Howie still has a shitload of mags left, all Parsons, Adventureline and Okay.  Didn't see any with bent/cracked feedlips.  

You should try to hit him up for a free mag for the promo - He asked who posted the deal on arfcom - neither Matt nor I knew what your name is.

He's selling the Colts (only a couple of them left) for $25.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#2]
They are at roughly Hwy 7 & Williston Rd., west of 494, right?
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually it's 7 & Woodhill - They're in the stripmall at the NW corner of 7 & Woodhill, but don't have a sign out in front yet.  They're in the same mall as Curves for Women.....I know this because I saw iNuhBaDNayburhood at the Gunstop, and when I left, I saw him going into Curves......not that there's anything wrong with that.  

Edited to fix directions
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
<SNIP>
I know this because I saw iNuhBaDNayburhood at the Gunstop, and when I left, I saw him going into Curves......not that there's anything wrong with that.  
<SNIP>

Yeah Lurch...  I did go in there!  It was lunch time, and I was hungry!    It's alright if I go in there for the wimminz, isn't it?  

A man's gotta eat, what a man's gotta eat!    There's a reason there was a rumor going around Territorial Hall (Univ of MN Freshman Dorm) about me, and I acquired a nickname of "MuffDiver" (as well as a liking for a female delicacy)!

I too bought some 30 rounders there!  They have some REALLY NICE adventurelines there, and a TON of those 30 rounders left!  For $14.95 you can't go wrong!!!  A sweet deal IMHO!

I also picked up a book called, "Speer Reloading Manual; Rifle & Pistol" because I'm thinking that this winter I'll try getting into reloading (if I can afford it)...  I'm looking into reloading 12 Ga ammo (2&3/4 Slugs & Buckshot), some 380 ACP ammo, and maybe some 223 reloads.

If someone here knows a fair bit of info on reloading, or reloads a good amount, could I stop by to see how it's done, and get some basic info on what I'd need to get started in it on a budget?  THANKS!

-iNuhBaD

PS.  That grocery store right next door had a GREAT sale on New York Strip Steaks!  They had some FANTASTIC 12 & 14 oz strips with perfect marbling on sale for about $4.50, and I bought the whole lot of the good ones!!!  I made a damn good dinner pic out of it too!

EDITED TO ADD MY DINNER PIC:

This is my dinner:

-12 Oz New York Strip Steak (On SALE ) cooked bloody & rare with salt, pepper, and light garlic butter melted on top!  
-Stir-Fried fresh mushrooms & peapods (with light garlic buttering as well)
-Kettle Cooked Jalapeno & Cheddar potato chips
-Mug Rootbeer Float
-For FIRST Dessert (Not Shown) I had a fruit salad (Fresh Grapes, Kiwi Fruit, & Diced Apple)
-For SECOND Dessert (Also not shown) were FIVE Chewy Chips Ahoy Cookies with 1 chunk of a Caramello chocolate bar melted on top of each one...  

Tonight was a FEAST LIKE NONE OTHER.  THE BEST thing I've cooked for myself since I started college!!!  I'm quite proud of tonight's dinner!    (PLUS You've just GOTTA have TWO DESSERTS!!! 'Taint a meal without TWO desserts!!!)

-iNuhBaDNayburhoodStuffedFullOfFantasticFood(ForOnce)

PSS.  Tonight I'm going out for beers with two hot girls I haven't seen since last April!  We'll see how things go!  (These two girls are kind of strange in that the LIKE each other a lot!  
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Beerjager.....thanks for setting those Colts aside for me.  

you bastard!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:14:07 PM EDT
[#6]
For one that claims poverty you sure eat good!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah but look at his entertainment center,  it screams college student/poverty.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
For one that claims poverty you sure eat good!

I may be eating good, but just call my mom up on the phone, and you'll quickly learn that the dinner pic is the first time I've eaten so well since I've moved to live on my own...  It's a rarity to have such a feast in my apartment!!!

Besides, I don't have a job, and it took me FOUR PINTS OF BLOOD PLASMA donations to afford the food I bought!!!  Think about it that way!  I'm still looking for a decent job too...  Not many people would hire me for some computer related job because of the issues regarding my youth.

Gotta run though.  Need to get a TON of stuff done this weekend!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I seem to be confused, where is this "Gunstop"?

I am not from the cities (although I do get up there with my dad every few weeks) and I seem to have no idea of what or where you guys are talking about.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 10:23:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I seem to be confused, where is this "Gunstop"?

I am not from the cities (although I do get up there with my dad every few weeks) and I seem to have no idea of what or where you guys are talking about.

Check out this tacked link to find the GunStop:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=28&t=172840

THEN CLICK ON THE MAP LINK to check on yahoo maps where the place is.  On the Yahoo Maps website you can see the street address of the GunStop at the top of the screen.  Also you will get the option to "Get Directions" from a starting destination to the GunStop.

It's pretty easy to find.  It's located in a small strip-mall with some Chinese restaurant, and a Driskill's Grocery store.  They don't have a sign up yet at the new place, but it's the only place without a sign, and you can see tons of reloading supplies in the front window so it's not hard to find.

Beerjager, Nice dinner pic!  The Corona pulls it all together, doesn't it?

WARNING:  The Following is WAY off-Topic...  It's just my justification for turning down a hotty when a big part of me (the one women like) was saying it was SO STUPID to turn her down...

I went to meet up with those two girls at a nearby campus bar, and it turned out to be a fantastic evening with several f'd up occurrances...  These two girls were really interested in only one another (no surprise), but then one of my friends showed up.  He & I talked about the Gophers for a little, drank with the two hotties, and then they said that some of their "friends" were coming.  Turns out there were a bunch of girls here from the Czech Republic that wanted to drink with my friend & I.  We all played pool, got a bit drunk, and went back to these Czeck girls' house because they were throwing a small party with two kegs later that night.  We got a little more drunk, and then four of us went on a "Cigar Run" to find some cigars.  I don't smoke so I went to shoot the breeze with my old friend I haven't seen since last spring...  We passed a bunch of hot chicks on the way from the Marcy Holmes neighborhood all the way across the 10th ave bridge to Bobby & Steves gas station on Washington Ave downtown (by my old shit-hole ghetto apartment near the dome).  Then on the way back while completely drunk my friends & I started pissing off the 10th ave bridge on the way back when 4 hot girls walked by us giggling when I asked one if she could "gimme a hand with this".  While still on the bridge trying to get back to the party I had to spit so I hocked up a HUGE goober & spat it into the street.  Low & Behold at that VERY MOMENT a really HOT chick in a blue Mazda convertible sped by REALLY FAST, and I clearly snagged onto her windshield...    Then when we reached the end of the bridge we saw she was pulled over by a speed trap!!!  I yelled, "Sorry about your windshield!"  She then said, "FUCK YOU!"  To which I had no retort at the moment.

Back at the party I'm talking it up with a girl from the Czeck Republic when she says that she'd like me to spend the night.  I had two problems with this:

1.)  She owns a CAT.  (FedGunner has seen how VERY allergic I am to cats) So spending a night with her would have REALLY messed me up for about 3 days of non-stop sneezing.
2.)  I had my Psychiatry Grad Seminar to attend the next morning!!!

The choice:
A.)  HOT Czech Republic Chick who's leaving on the 22nd and you'll never see her again.
B.)  Grad Seminar that you've already paid HUNDREDS of dollars for?

Basically I went home to bed & then to class because I figured 2 things:
1.)  I already invested the $$ for the class, would suck to waste it.
2.)  I only invested $3.00 to get drunk & fondle/make out with the Czech Chick.

There's also the possibility she's looking to get Preggies so she can marry, get citizenship, and not have to go back to the Czech Republic.  A bit unlikely, but you never know with my luck with women...  

Oh well, gotta get to bed soon...

Later, we left the party just as the cops showed up to bust it...  They wanted us to line up for the breathalyzer test (because we were about to get into a car with our DesDriver), and then the guy driving us home said, "The four of us don't need the test, we haven't drank a thing, we're the neighbors who called about the party!  Its upstairs, go bust it..."  (Even though three of us were clearly impaired)

The cops jumped out of their three squad cars, and their "PaddyWagon" for hauling to detox, and ran up the stairs while my friend held the door open for 'em!  I razzed on of the officers, "Hey, there's a law that states Law Enforcement Officers are not allowed to block the normal flow of traffic!  You're all double-parked!!!"  One laughed & ran up the stairs & we all went home.  

On strange evening.  Then waking up with a hangover & running to class after only 5 hrs of sleep...
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The choice:
A.)  HOT Czech Republic Chick who's leaving on the 22nd and you'll never see her again.
B.)  Grad Seminar that you've already paid HUNDREDS of dollars for?

Basically I went home to bed & then to class because I figured 2 things:
1.)  I already invested the $$ for the class, would suck to waste it.
2.)  I only invested $3.00 to get drunk & fondle/make out with the Czech Chick.

There's also the possibility she's looking to get Preggies so she can marry, get citizenship, and not have to go back to the Czech Republic.  A bit unlikely, but you never know with my luck with women...  

Oh well, gotta get to bed soon...

Ding Ding Ding, wrong answer, correct answer is A.
You can always get up in the night and leave after she passes out,
Dude dont make me questin your manhood.
J/K J/K J/k
Im already on thin ice hear at ar15 so lets take that last comment off the books ok.

You goot look at it this way.

How would you stay smooth, would you A(youv seen the comercial you figure it out)
Or B. kick your own ass in the morning after you sobber up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 10:53:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
<SNIP>
Or B. kick your own ass in the morning after you sobber up.

I posted that simply because I'm currently kicking my own ass subconsciously, and I thought to myself this saturday morning when I woke up, "You're a fucking idiot sometimes..."    What a maroon...  I passed it up.  Oh well, there are TONS of hot girls on campus this year, and once again the chicks outnumber the guys again this year!!!  57% female IIRC.

I'm getting to bed now...  G'night all...
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#13]
This thread was high-jacked by iNuhBaDNigburhood's DINNER PIC:

shit-
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quit you whinning, think how many threads we ruined by our shit takin
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:06:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't forget you HELPED HIJACK YOUR OWN THREAD with YOUR OWN Dinner pic too...  

Sorry about the initial hijacking beerjager!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:45:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Went to Gunstop today (09-16) and picked up 2 mags.  Hurry, they have a lot of mags left but they're looking a little rough.  Mag bodies are good but the floorplates on most are dented pretty good.  Still good raw materials for refinishing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I stopped today and picked up three 30 round Okay mags and one Colt 20 rd.  I found the Colt in a different box priced 14.95.  It is in great condition.  The Okay's are in decent shape.  I am excited as the parts for my AR15(1st build) should start showing up tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top