Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2003 10:12:01 AM EDT
(Posting same Q in MI forum as well)

Did any of you guys maintain a CCW permit from another State that is recognized by reciprocity in your State’s new CCW law BEFORE you got a license in your home state?

Curious to know that IF Wisconsin’s PPA passes (with the current reciprocity language intact) whether or not a FL carry permit will be “good enough” until I can get approved through the Milwaukee County Sheriff (whom I imagine will not be sprinting through the application approval process).
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:52:06 AM EDT
[#1]
OK.

So it appears that MN only recognizes LA, WY, and MI as states that have laws similar to yours.

A quick visit to packing.org shows me that none of the above states even issue non-resident licenses.

So that kind of answers my own question.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#2]
i've heard that i could get a mn nonresident ccw while i lived in wi.  never really got the correct (legal) info on it  but i think it's doable..still can't carry in wi tho.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a frind that went and took the MN class - said it was a joke - a whole 30 rounds fired in class.

Tho the hope that the WI PPA, if passed, will recognize MN non-resident permits is just that, A HOPE!

Sure, as the WI PPA is written now - residents of any state that issues a permit (which leaves out VT) will be able to carry here.  But Guvner Doyle has wielded the mighty line item veto pen like a savy ninja before - so, despite how nice it'd be to carry in 20 states with a FL non-res license, I'm thinking of saving my money and waiting.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Your buddy should have taken the Defensive Edge class. I fired around 350 rounds the day I took the class. 50 of them were for the qual. The rest were spent learning to be a better shooter. This was after 2 hours of classroom type instruction covering all the legal stuff. Great class!
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:21:04 AM EDT
[#5]
What he said!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top